Thread: Headed to Glacier

Headed to Glacier

Will be taking a 5 day motorcycle ride from Logan, through Idaho, Montana, and back to Logan. I have a CFP from Utah and on carrying concealed most of the time.

How are the restaurants in and around the Missoula and Columbia Falls areas on OC? I will be riding in a large group and would like to eat where everyone else eats, but I don't really want to have to leave my gun in my saddlebag either.

When riding, I generally carry my gun in a shoulder holster under my jacket/vest. If I go into an establishment that serves alcohol, am I ok just to take off the jacket/vest? Are people going to freak out? What is the general attitude of businesses toward OC there?

RE: Glacier

I just got back from a nice trip in the area. I OC pretty much everywhere I go and not a comment was made to me. I did catch a few raised eyebrows but that was the worst I observed. In fact I saw several others OC myself including the checkout lines at the brand new Wal-Mart store in Kalispell.
    As far as State law goes, as long as the gun is fully exposed, you can go pretty much anywhere you wish except prohibited buildings like the Post Office, Government buildings, schools and the like....Unless the owner or person in charge ask you to leave or disarm.

YMMV

Just got back from Mt. myself. What dates are you traveling thru Idaho? Are you coming thru Boise area?

Thanks for the info!

I will be headed from Logan up to McCall on Wednesday morning. Then up from McCall taking the scenic route to Missoula and up to Columbia Falls on Thursday. There will be a rather large group of Victory Motorcycle riders headed through Idaho this week.

It was probly me you saw at Wally World! Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by MT GUNNY View Post
    It was probly me you saw at Wally World! Hehehe
    Stranger thing have happened. Fella was carrying right side a Black Hawk with a smaller auto. I didn't get a good look at it.. As an aside the watermelons on sale were the BEST I've had all season.