• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Headed to Glacier

Veyec

Will be taking a 5 day motorcycle ride from Logan, through Idaho, Montana, and back to Logan. I have a CFP from Utah and on carrying concealed most of the time.

How are the restaurants in and around the Missoula and Columbia Falls areas on OC? I will be riding in a large group and would like to eat where everyone else eats, but I don't really want to have to leave my gun in my saddlebag either.

When riding, I generally carry my gun in a shoulder holster under my jacket/vest. If I go into an establishment that serves alcohol, am I ok just to take off the jacket/vest? Are people going to freak out? What is the general attitude of businesses toward OC there?

abearir

RE: Glacier

I just got back from a nice trip in the area. I OC pretty much everywhere I go and not a comment was made to me. I did catch a few raised eyebrows but that was the worst I observed. In fact I saw several others OC myself including the checkout lines at the brand new Wal-Mart store in Kalispell.
As far as State law goes, as long as the gun is fully exposed, you can go pretty much anywhere you wish except prohibited buildings like the Post Office, Government buildings, schools and the like....Unless the owner or person in charge ask you to leave or disarm.

YMMV

Veyec

Thanks for the info!

I will be headed from Logan up to McCall on Wednesday morning. Then up from McCall taking the scenic route to Missoula and up to Columbia Falls on Thursday. There will be a rather large group of Victory Motorcycle riders headed through Idaho this week.