Thread: 2 OC questions

2 OC questions

Well first is more an ownership question, who owns the library in martinsburg? I coulnd't figure out if it was all county or part city or what (I just moved here) and to be safe left my gun in my car

2nd and more importantly I have read some of the law and posts about this "in the woods" stuff. Is this just a gray area law or is there any solid idea on how its applied?

I mean if I am walking a path in the woods near my house or something taking in the sites am I illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by LethalMouse View Post
    Well first is more an ownership question, who owns the library in martinsburg? I coulnd't figure out if it was all county or part city or what (I just moved here) and to be safe left my gun in my car

2nd and more importantly I have read some of the law and posts about this "in the woods" stuff. Is this just a gray area law or is there any solid idea on how its applied?

I mean if I am walking a path in the woods near my house or something taking in the sites am I illegal?
    Im not sure about the library question, bt as far as the "OC in the woods" some of us are still trying to figure out what the hell thats all about.

Im not condoning breaking the law and I am not a lawyer. But I would be willing to bet that if you are OC'ing in the "woods" and a LEO saw it, he wouldn't care. Of course as long as your NOT hunting.

But I sure would like to know what is up with the OC woods carry rule.
    Its completely ridiculous!
    Hell, 90% of the state is woods!
    Last edited by Sig229; 07-26-2010 at 01:19 AM.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson