• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WVCDL open carry luncheon in martinsburg 8/12 - huge success!

IWLAFART

The West Virginia Citizens Defense League is having a luncheon at Sissy's Rest. (Meadow Lane Shopping Plaza) on August 12th.. Time 11:00am till 2:00pm. Members and guests are welcome.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
WVCDL Luncheon in Martinsburg this Saturday 8/21

Reminder: The WVCDL OC/CC/NC luncheon is this Saturday, August 21, beginning at 11 AM at

Sissy's Family Restaurant
55 Meadow Lane
Martinsburg, WV 25404

WVCDL has invited pro-gun legislative candidates running in Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan counties (Senate districts 15 & 16 and House districts 51-58) who have responded to the WVCDL 2010 Legislative Candidate Survey to speak. We expect several local newspapers and TV stations to attend and cover this event.

jtrider

Hi, I'm new to your forum. How did the luncheon gathering turn out? I didn't find out about it until about 7:30 PM on the day of the shindig. Story of my life...

Please fill us who didn't make it in on the happenings.

Dreamer

Two questions:

1) Are there any more OC "eat and greet" events planned in the Martinsburg area this summer?

2) Does anyone know what (if any) progress has been made in the WVCDL lawsuit against the City of Martinsburg, and their ban on carry in government-owned buildings?

Thanks in advance...

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
Two questions:

1) Are there any more OC "eat and greet" events planned in the Martinsburg area this summer?
Not yet, although we need to.

2) Does anyone know what (if any) progress has been made in the WVCDL lawsuit against the City of Martinsburg, and their ban on carry in government-owned buildings?

Thanks in advance...
The city's motion to dismiss has been fully briefed and is now pending before Chief Judge John Preston Bailey. The major case filings are available here (scroll down). If you're wondering where the city's defense of their ordinance on the merits (since their motion to dismiss included a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim under Fed. R. Civ. P. 12(b)(6)) is, you're not alone. There are some things I can discuss in a more private setting if you wish.

The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia has a very heavy docket compounded by the vacancy in 1 of its 3 regular judgeships and the recent death of Senior District Judge Robert Maxwell, which reduced the court from 3 regular and 2 senior judges to 2/1. For the vacanct judgeship, President Obama has nominated Berkeley/Jefferson/Morgan Circuit Judge Gina Groh, whose husband is a WVCDL member--which means almost certain recusal even if she's confirmed and all the Martinsburg Division (where she will be stationed) cases are transferred to her.

SgtC

Pardon me

Anyone want to have an OC lunch here in Wheeling? (With or without WVCDL's blessing)?