• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Edgecombe county

edrolee

i may be moving there in the next few months so i was checking out the sheriff's website
2 things stood out to me

first, handgun purchase permits are limited to 2 per year unless approved my the sheriff

second, for cwp they state that the background check may take 120 days and they require a mental health release...."The mental health release form is to be taken to the Mental Health Agency where he/she will be required to pay $10.00 for the release order to the Sheriff’s Office."

and they notify you by mail when your permit is ready so depending oh how long it takes them to process the paper work and mail your notice and how long it take the mail to get to you it may take up to 130 days to get your permit in edgecombe county

http://www.edgecombecountync.gov/sheriff/rdivision.aspx

Last edited:

cricketdad

i may be moving there in the next few months so i was checking out the sheriff's website
2 things stood out to me

first, handgun purchase permits are limited to 2 per year unless approved my the sheriff

second, for cwp they state that the background check may take 120 days and they require a mental health release...."The mental health release form is to be taken to the Mental Health Agency where he/she will be required to pay $10.00 for the release order to the Sheriff’s Office."

and they notify you by mail when your permit is ready so depending oh how long it takes them to process the paper work and mail your notice and how long it take the mail to get to you it may take up to 130 days to get your permit in edgecombe county

http://www.edgecombecountync.gov/sheriff/rdivision.aspx

State law says the permit has to be denied or issued in 90 days.

RayBurton72

If you have time, get a CHP BEFORE you move there, then just update the address....
Or go with a Florida or Virginia non-resident permit... you get it faster, with less hassle and it is valid... and not tied to your driver's licensne and vehicle plates :)

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Did you see page 3 of the "Gun Permit" application?

Apparently you must have a notarized affidavit in order to get your "gun permit" approved. Notice that they say "gun pemit" and not "pistol". Are they trying to circumvent state law & require a permit for long guns as well?

Also, the person signing the affidavit "should be someone in law enforcement, your supervisor, landlord, elected official, pastor or prominent citizen in the community" and that person must provide their social security number and driver's license number as well.

Wow... Edgecombe county is REALLY screwed-up.

edrolee: You should contact GRNC (Grass Roots NC) and bring this stuff to their attention. They may be able to help you.