• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you live in Vancouver, WA...

joejoejoe

I'de like to hear more about your experiences of OCing in Vancouver, WA. I read the post titled "SW Washington OC Report." I would love to hear more frequent stories of people OCing. I just went into a bank today OCing! Being a first timer (this being my 3rd place), I was just hoping no one would push any buttons. I dressed more formal today to see if it helps me look more respectable. Anyways, I live in Vancouver, and I have NEVER seen anyone open carry. Just making sure I am not alone :)

Joe~

SargentMac

Hey Joe, I haven't been OCing as frequently lately but I'm getting back to it. I'd like to meet a few others and was hoping to do so tomorrow night at Starbucks at Esther Short Park around 6-7. Care to meet up?

Mech

I've been OC'ing in Vancouver since December of 2009, whenever I'm at home from college.

So far, I've been asked to leave my firearm outside at only one place, Izzy's Pizza on Mill Plain; waitress asked me if I'm an LEO, and then asked me (very nicely) to please leave it outside, which I complied, and once I came back in, she was just as friendly as ever. Said it was just "their policy" to allow only LEO's to have their sidearms in the restaurant; civilians cant even CC into there. I sent their regional manager an email, and she got back to me saying that they don't have a specific policy on OC/CC, but since the sight of a firearm can make other patrons nervous, she requested that I leave it in the car.

I've carried into various Bi-Marts, Walmart, Old Country Buffet at the Van Plaza (manager asked me about it, and made it clear that he has no problem with it but had to ask so he could give an answer to curious patrons), Petco on 4th Plain, Wholesale Sports on 4th Plain (they do ask that you clear the chamber and leave it unloaded; though there's a not-so-big sign that says you should check your firearm with the front, no one enforces it), Subways, the BOA branch on 192nd, Fred Meyers, Safeway, Target, the Vehicle Emission Testing center on 136th, Papa Murphy's, Barnes & Nobles, and probably a couple other places that I'm forgetting atm.

Hope this helped! :) And welcome to Vancouver; glad to see another OC'er here!

PS. I'm also the guy that started the thread "SW Washington (Vancouver) OC report" :)

Last edited:

joejoejoe

I'd be up for Starbucks, though I don't drink coffee, I could get cookies from the Subway there! My email address is joe_winton@yahoo.com if you'd like to exchange numbers, we can meet up! I'd be curious to hear from others. Maybe we can invite anyone there tomorrow around 6-7pm and just chat about politics, guns, and the like.

Joe~

USMC1911

I OC in the 'Couve every day. Have been for the last 6 months. Have had no LEO encounters (yet) I have not been asked to leave any place I have entered, (other than a greeter at Wally World whom did not know policy). I have seen one unicorn at Fredy's is all.
Semper Fi