• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flint police may be improving in attitude about OC after all

Bronson

As a man whose mother was beaten up by cops for not getting off a side walk, and a father whose parents survived the Holocaust, I disagree with you.

I'm sorry that your mother was treated so and I respect your right to disagree but there are people on this very board who have been forced to the ground by police and had guns drawn on them for the lawful exercise of a constitutionally guaranteed right to possess a firearm.

Bronson

kyleplusitunes

i'm sorry that your mother was treated so and i respect your right to disagree but there are people on this very board who have been forced to the ground by police and had guns drawn on them for the lawful exercise of a constitutionally guaranteed right to possess a firearm.

Bronson

Comment removed by moderator for rules violation!

kyleplusitunes

I went to the police station today to register a handgun when I walked in, an older officer working the desk was explaining to a couple of young officers that OC was legal. The younger ones asked how it was, and he was explaining that is was never illegal, and that the flint law HAD to change, as it couldn't be enforced.

One of the young ones, a female, asked what was carrying, he explained that as long as it was holstered, and not in a hand being waved around, it was legal, he then got his out and demonstrated what brandishing was.

I dared not interrupt, and waited until he was done explaining, and thanked him, asked my question and then left.

also, it seems like if there were any uninformed Flint city officers, they would show up on the daily MWAG calls I get while patronizing Blackstone's.

Vmaxx

My neighbor is a Genesee County Sheriff (17yr veteran) He knows nothing about the open carry rights. He's shocked that I haven't been arrested yet. He works at the jail (downtown Flint) & says he keeps looking for me to show up. I'd say there's quite a few that are still in the dark.

jmlefler

I went to the police station today to register a handgun when I walked in, an older officer working the desk was explaining to a couple of young officers that OC was legal. The younger ones asked how it was, and he was explaining that is was never illegal, and that the flint law HAD to change, as it couldn't be enforced.

One of the young ones, a female, asked what was carrying, he explained that as long as it was holstered, and not in a hand being waved around, it was legal, he then got his out and demonstrated what brandishing was.

I dared not interrupt, and waited until he was done explaining, and thanked him, asked my question and then left.

So despite MCOLES training, these officers graduate without knowledge of firearm laws. Or, more importantly, basic Rights.

Carry on