• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Join the GMU SCC facebook page!

nova

Is the old GMU SCCC group still there on facebook? I was a member of that when our own OCDO member TEX1N was heading up the actual group at GMU.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
All ABOARD!

Down with permit perks.

FireworksAnimated.gif

curtiswr

Students for Campus Carry, as opposed to Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, would garner more support, rather than directing everyone to fight for carrying in a certain method that requires a permit.

I looked for a previous thread as an example. It was by someone with SCCC at Virginia Tech insisting anyone that came in support of the pro gun argument in a debate to do so concealed or not at all. It didn't end with everyone hugging him and thanking him for his work.

hunter45

I joined. Are there actually going to be meetings? I enjoyed going to the SCCC meetings at JMU last year, so I was pretty disappointed when I came to Mason and found out that their SCCC group was inactive.

nova

I joined. Are there actually going to be meetings? I enjoyed going to the SCCC meetings at JMU last year, so I was pretty disappointed when I came to Mason and found out that their SCCC group was inactive.

That's because pretty much everyone in the group graduated.

To be honest, I'm of the belief it is either going to take court action, or legislative action, to remove these university policies. Especially at VT and GMU. But I think these groups are good anyways because it shows the university that there are those out there who disagree with them.

Last edited:

karolynrgalarza

Yes there are going to be meetings. The first one will be held in september, but no official date yet.

Regarding changing our name:
We cannot unless we want to start a new group. We are a chapter of a national group. Though we can have our own principles (as long as concealed carry is among them).

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yes there are going to be meetings. The first one will be held in september, but no official date yet.

Regarding changing our name:
We cannot unless we want to start a new group. We are a chapter of a national group. Though we can have our own principles (as long as concealed carry is among them).

Just don't be a PITA like a certain unnamed person who thankfully has gone west.
It would be nice to not wonder if you want to support a bill...or try to kill it.

Last years faculty bill would have stood a lot better chance with a tiny bit of rewording.

hunter45

Karolyn, I think I'm in one of your classes this fall. I was just on BlackBoard and your name was on the list of other people who are currently online (and now I probably sound like a stalker :D).