• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC, wa CPL, utah, florida, reciprocity, BIG study!!!

1245A Defender

a forum friend going on a trip to chigago made me wonder about carry on that route.
a utah CC permit class in the news paper in shelton on the 23rd, ph #253-884-4117,
cost 126$, (i would go and take it, but ill be outa town) made me really curious!

ALL US citizens can OC in 26 states, im glad were in one of those states.
ALL US citizens can CC in 2 states, they are alaska and vermont, i call them freebees. -------for a total 26 carry states

if you get a washington permit
of course we should want a wash permit, cost about 57$

you will add 4 Licensed OC states to our 26, for a total of 30 OC states
you will convert 12 of your OC states to CC states
you will ADD 8 new CC states
and you will still have your 2 freebee CC states

now you will have 30 OC states, and
and you will have 22 CC states,----------------------------- for a total of 34 carry states.

if you get a utah permit but already have your wash permit.
for outa staters the cost is about 126$

you will add 3 Licensed OC states to your 30, for a total of 33 OC states
you will convert 5 of your OC states to CC states
you will ADD 4 new CC states
and you will still have your 2 freebee CC states

now you will have 33 OC states,
and you will have 31 CC states,------------------------- for a total of 38 carry states

if you get a florida permit, but already have a wash, and a utah permit.
for outa staters the cost is about 120$

you will only convert 2 OC states to to CC states!

now you will still have 33 OC states
and you will now have 33 CC states----------------, for a total of 38 carry carry states

should i buy both states permits?------------- NO,--- buying only 1 outa state permit saves you about 120$

things to be gained with a utah permit, over a fla permit, you save about 120$
and you------------add CC and OC in mass.

things to be gained if get you a fla, but not a utah permit, you save 126$
you------ get to (CC) in kan and n mex,
but they are alrady OC friendly states anyway!
so, nothing really!

i went to handgunlaw.us a NRA site with no OC info,,------------ and OCDO, maps, for this info.

looking back on the trip to chicago,,,,, even with no permit, i would taken my gun.
5 of 7 states on the way are open carry friendly and only require clearly visible in the car, or have no restrictions.
one of the no carry states only requires, unloaded in a box with a top, and the other state requires unloaded in a locked box.

harbor freight sells, combination lock boxes, that look like books for 10-13$

PLEASE dont post till i say im DONE!!!
IM DONE!

i would be happy to answer any of your questions about my findings.

Last edited:

amlevin

Maybe soon we will see all 50 States with one permit, not 2 permits for 38, etc. This current mess is similar to when the automobile was new. Different rules and requirements everywhere. That too took time.

gsx1138

Maybe soon we will see all 50 States with one permit, not 2 permits for 38, etc. This current mess is similar to when the automobile was new. Different rules and requirements everywhere. That too took time.

We should have constitutional carry in all 50 States. Permit means there's some agency that oversees all that information.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

We should have constitutional carry in all 50 States. Permit means there's some agency that oversees all that information.

And we all know that just ain't gonna happen any time soon man. Permitted carry in all US territory would at least be a first step. Hell, any kind of legal carry in NY, DC, or Chicago would be a step!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Cabelas in Lacey has a Utah concealed class $70 prepay / $90 at the door with an additional $66.25 to BCI.

Oregon is $20 for the class in conjunction with Utah or $40 for Oregon alone with an additional $15 to the Oregon state police.

Utah and Oregon Concealed Firearm Permit for Non-Residents
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Good in 30 states. Obtain your Utah Concealed Firearm Permit in this three hour class presented by Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor, Mr. Kevin Faherty, LPI. Class includes ALL requirements for the Utah CFP Application in order to receive your concealed handgun permit: class instruction� fingerprinting� notary� passport photo and one pre-printed non-stamped envelope to BCI, State of Utah. Reserve your seat now! $70 Prepay through Paypal on-line at www.CFPUTAH.com or $90 at the door. An additional $65.25 payable to BCI, State of Utah will be submitted / mailed with the completed class documentation to process the state application and receive Utah CFP.

Utah CFP students also wanting the Oregon CHL pay an additional $20 for Oregon class instruction and application. Students only wanting Oregon CHL pay $40 through Paypal on-line at www.CFPUTAH.com.

August 16 (Monday), September 6 (Monday), 5:00-8:00 p.m.

devildoc5

and Fla!!!

Na not really, but why not just go ahead and get another permit.

(Officer pulls you over "sir do you have a CCW or equivalent?" "Sure officer, hold on a second" Proceed to pull out each one slowly and hand it to the officer, each time asking "will this one work?" DO NOT wait for a response and move on to the next one.....)

:)

kwikrnu

Banned
And we all know that just ain't gonna happen any time soon man. Permitted carry in all US territory would at least be a first step. Hell, any kind of legal carry in NY, DC, or Chicago would be a step!

Why must a permit be the first step? The permit system is an infringement on the right to bear arms.

Jeff Hayes

Dont forget Nevada does not honor UT anymore and never did honor WA or OR. Nevada is very OC friendly and carry in a vehicle is a piece of cake except for concealed on your person without a valid permit.

Metalhead47

Why must a permit be the first step? The permit system is an infringement on the right to bear arms.

It's called incrementalism. It's worked wonderfully for those who take away our rights for the last few decades. It can work the other way as well. Yes, it's an infringement, but in the case of the places mentioned, it's less of an infringement than was present before, therefore, an improvement. Also the only realistic way there ever will be any improvement (barring national cataclysm). Like it or not, you're simply not going to wake up one day to a libertarian paradise where you can OC down Pennsylvania avenue with no gov't permission slip.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It is my opinion..

That within 5 years we will have 50 state reciprocity for CC. (yes CA and NY)

And as my favorite Uncle Ted says...

"The Second Amendment is my license to carry!"