• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Renaissance festival oc?

Mosnar87

So basically you have to walk to the RenFest if you are going to carry a double edged sword or dagger. :cuss:

And then after you go to all that trouble, they peacebond the dogone thing? :cry:

angrysparta.jpg

American Boy With a Gun

Ya know those laws that some LEO's know about, and even fewer care about? Thats one of em. I know plenty of people who have bought double edged weapons and had them delivered, went and got them in a car. Now that i think about it, one of those people was an LEO :shocker:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
:p Just put it on the roof or hood of your vehicle.

May work, may not. The law does say IN a vehicle so outside may work, at leasts it's an argument that could be made.

THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 328 of 1931

750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.

Sec. 227.
(1) A person shall not carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a double-edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any other dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, concealed on or about his or her person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business or on other land possessed by the person.

(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.
(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or by a fine of not more than $2,500.00.

LordAvarice

"Peacebound"

Ok... I'll take the bait... what exactly is "peacebound"?

Somehow I suspect it has something to do with the concept that you can "keep" arms... as long as you keep them in an approved manner decided by someone who doesn't like guns... and you can "bear" arms... as long as there is no way in hell it could be used for anything other than a fashion accessory..........

Which is nothing more than yet another back door anti gunner gun control idea hoping to gain traction.

Or maybe I'm wrong?

Peacebound pretty much means that they use an orange ziptie or something that will block the chamber or a firearm, or hold a sword in it's sheath, etc.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Peacebound pretty much means that they use an orange ziptie or something that will block the chamber or a firearm, or hold a sword in it's sheath, etc.
WOW!

I think you just broke a record - posting on a necro thread that been deceased for over 42 months. :lol:

Still wish to extend to you a hearty welcome to OCDO - lots of good knowledgeable people here.

Enjoy.

jeffrey-r

lol. Is it bad that I read the whole thread and didn't notice the date until I got to the second page and saw the necro callout...