• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL course near Waterford/Pontiac area?

jm62383

Any of you know anyone who teaches the course and isn't trying to get rich off of it? I saw a sign in the Waterford PD building when I went for some purchase permits for 170 bucks, thought was a bit steep, or am I just a cheap bastard?

Taurus850CIA

I paid $90 for mine. It met the legal requirements. The shooting portion was pretty good. While it wasn't OC "friendly", per se, neither the instructor, nor the police officer teaching the legal portion of the course condemned it. I took the class before I knew much about Michigan's firearms laws, so I didn't raise many questions, as I would now. I'll have to look around to find the guy's name. Peters, or something like that... It was a way north of Pontiac, though.

ETA:
Bill Peters
4747 Hough Rd
Dryden, MI 48428
wjpeters@charter.net
810-796-3357

I used a discount I got through the gentleman I bought my Hi-Point from. The discount was 20 or 30 bucks. I used the Hi-Point for my class. Bill was rather impressed with it's functionality and shootability.

Last edited: