• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Capital Bank in Raleigh "Posted No Firearms"

CCRALEIGH

I was terribly disappointed today to see that Capital Bank has posted "no firearms" signs. Because of horrible service, uncaring and inept tellers and managers at my last three banks I was tipped off concerning the outstanding service at Capital Bank by several other merchants.

Due to the fact I carry large sums of cash ($40,000 to $60,000 to and from three bank branches twice a day I need convenient locations which Capital has. As a small businessman I simply cannot afford the exorbitant costs associated with armored car services such as Brinks. Anyone have any tips before I approach the people at Capital Bank? Thanks!

NCBobD

Anyone have any tips before I approach the people at Capital Bank?

Since you have "CC" in your screen name it might be worth reminding you that concealed carry in banks is against the law in NC. ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hee, hee. Not a serious suggestion, but I would be tempted to remind the manager that with a reserve ratio better than 6-1, my $40K deposit translates into better than $240K in loanable money from which the bank can earn interest.

And, that if I get robbed on my way into the bank, they get neither the cash, nor the opportunity to use the money.

Then, I would just smile knowingly and ask the manager if he wouldn't rather be able to continue his little fractional reserve banking fraud with my $40K every week.

Last edited: