• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member saying hello from South Bay area of L.A.

lotar4life

Hello everyone. I just joined the site and am really studying a lot of OC material as I am fairly new to OC. I have been a long time shooter and have owned my own firearms for a few years now. I'm currently underway with a CCW application as well.

I am looking forward to exercising my constitutional right to OC. I have extensive weapons training (knife, stick, firearm) as part of my self defense (Krav Maga) and close quarter combat (Lotar) training. I also get to the range and shoot fairly often. I currently own a Glock 20.

Anyway, just looking to step in and say hello and introduce myself.

-lotar4life

DEFENSOR

Welcome neighbor

Lotar,
Welcome to the forums. This is a great way to get started with the exercise of your rights. There is enough
information here to learn everything you need to know about applicable laws that pertain to the OC inclined.
Enjoy the forums and hope to see you at an event soon.
Sincerely, DEFENSOR

Mike Hawk

Welcome Lotar! And be sure to let us know how that CCW turns out for you. There are many on this board who would like the option of concealing, but cannot obtain a CCW with the current arbitrary, unfair system in place. But still, good luck. I assume in PVE that you're going through the LA Sheriff?

hgreen

Hello everyone. I just joined the site and am really studying a lot of OC material as I am fairly new to OC. I have been a long time shooter and have owned my own firearms for a few years now. I'm currently underway with a CCW application as well.

I am looking forward to exercising my constitutional right to OC. I have extensive weapons training (knife, stick, firearm) as part of my self defense (Krav Maga) and close quarter combat (Lotar) training. I also get to the range and shoot fairly often. I currently own a Glock 20.

Anyway, just looking to step in and say hello and introduce myself.

-lotar4life

If you have not heard of us already, be sure and check out South Bay Open Carry (www.SouthBayOpenCarry.org).

We are holding our next event at the Redondo Beach Pier plaza on August 7th.