Thread: OPENCARRY in DYER

Founder's Club Member

OPENCARRY in DYER

OC'ed at Walts supermarket on Sheffield Thursday morning. Didn't see any one run out of the store screaming in terror.

That's because most people don't notice or don't care.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Way to go Kia. Few people notice or care (as it should be).

It's great to live in Indiana!

Founder's Club Member

Wink

Back home in Virginia now. Open carried on the way home through Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland (where it was locked in the trunk), West Virginia and then finally home. Talked to a guy in Pennsylvania about OC.

Live in dyer too...just found open carry.org

Live in "the meadows" of dyer sub-division....almost directly across from the sheffield restaurant and just a minute from walt's. I literally just discovered this website and was, quite honestly (& somewhat embarrassingly) very shocked to learn that I can open carry up here with no registration nor permitting necessary for a hand gun. I do have a concealed carry permit (bs to have to pay for something which is a right, by the way) but, not once did the dyer pd (or anyone else for that matter) tell me that I can open carry up here. VERY good to know!

Rick from 'da region.

Quote Originally Posted by royerr View Post
    Live in "the meadows" of dyer sub-division....almost directly across from the sheffield restaurant and just a minute from walt's. I literally just discovered this website and was, quite honestly (& somewhat embarrassingly) very shocked to learn that I can open carry up here with no registration nor permitting necessary for a hand gun. I do have a concealed carry permit (bs to have to pay for something which is a right, by the way) but, not once did the dyer pd (or anyone else for that matter) tell me that I can open carry up here. VERY good to know!

Rick from 'da region.
    Actually, you do need the Indiana License To Carry Hangun to transport or carry OC or CC as an Indiana resident. A concealed carry permit from another state will not suffice if you live in Dyer.

Yea you need a LTCH lis to carry open or CC.