Thread: Can you carry at the pittsburgh zoo

Can you carry at the pittsburgh zoo

we are going to be in the Pittsburgh zoo on Monday and didn't know if you are able to carry there . open or concealed. I know you can't at kennywood but not shore at the zoo... can anyone help me out

Zoo Manners doesn't seem to restrict it.
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; 07-23-2010 at 11:28 PM.

i have email the manager to see what there policy is

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer280 View Post
    we are going to be in the Pittsburgh zoo on Monday and didn't know if you are able to carry there . open or concealed. I know you can't at kennywood but not shore at the zoo... can anyone help me out
    There is no shore at the zoo. That's over in New Jersey or Maryland.

i have email the manager to see what there policy is

Ya just know the manager is going to say no...

Looking at my previous post, I don't know if my link was obvious so here is the info i found:

Safety Guidelines

The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is a tobacco-free Zoo. The Zoo does not permit smoking, chewing, or any other use of tobacco products on Zoo property.
    Heelys, skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, scooters, and roller-skates are not permitted on Zoo grounds. Unauthorized motorized vehicles, other than wheelchairs or electric scooters for the disabled, are not permitted on the Zoo paths. Please remain on the pathway throughout your visit. All strollers, wagons, and wheelchairs must use the elevator located next to the escalator.
    Pets are not permitted on Zoo grounds, in the parking lot, or in cars. For more information on off-site babysitting for your pet, contact the Golden Bone Pet Resort at www.goldenbonepetresort.com or call 412-661-7001.
    In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, only Service Dogs are permitted on Zoo grounds. Please be prepared to provide documentation that your dog is an official service dog. Due to the nature of some exhibits within Kids Kingdom, we are unable to allow service dogs in open-contact yards.
    We ask that all food be "picnic-style" -- no grills or glass bottles.
    Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Zoo grounds during normal business hours.
    Balloons and straws are very dangerous to animals and are not permitted inside the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium.
    We are a rain or shine facility. Rain checks and refunds will not be granted.
    Please do not feed the animals. All of our animals' diets are closely monitored by our vet and keeper staff.
    For health and safety reasons, footwear must be worn at all times.

Thank you for following these guidelines to insure the safety of our visitors and the animals.

Stop asking permission.

look i am not a noobe here i just didn't want to look like an a hole getting there and finding out they having metal detectors and stuff and having a gun on me . that is why i asked. i thought it would have been like kennywood . the managers personal does not want firearms in the park but personal she does not own the park. the park rules have no laws about weapons in the park so i will conceal carry in the zoo. i'll let you guys know if there is a problem. even under my shirt you can still see it on my hip.

look i am not a noobe here
    Could have fooled me.

all good at the pitts. zoo.

Smile Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    There is no shore at the zoo. That's over in New Jersey or Maryland.
    That "sure" is mean.