• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you carry at the pittsburgh zoo

spencer280

we are going to be in the Pittsburgh zoo on Monday and didn't know if you are able to carry there . open or concealed. I know you can't at kennywood but not shore at the zoo... can anyone help me out

mrjam2jab

i have email the manager to see what there policy is

Ya just know the manager is going to say no...

Looking at my previous post, I don't know if my link was obvious so here is the info i found:

Safety Guidelines

The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is a tobacco-free Zoo. The Zoo does not permit smoking, chewing, or any other use of tobacco products on Zoo property.
Heelys, skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, scooters, and roller-skates are not permitted on Zoo grounds. Unauthorized motorized vehicles, other than wheelchairs or electric scooters for the disabled, are not permitted on the Zoo paths. Please remain on the pathway throughout your visit. All strollers, wagons, and wheelchairs must use the elevator located next to the escalator.
Pets are not permitted on Zoo grounds, in the parking lot, or in cars. For more information on off-site babysitting for your pet, contact the Golden Bone Pet Resort at www.goldenbonepetresort.com or call 412-661-7001.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, only Service Dogs are permitted on Zoo grounds. Please be prepared to provide documentation that your dog is an official service dog. Due to the nature of some exhibits within Kids Kingdom, we are unable to allow service dogs in open-contact yards.
We ask that all food be "picnic-style" -- no grills or glass bottles.
Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Zoo grounds during normal business hours.
Balloons and straws are very dangerous to animals and are not permitted inside the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium.
We are a rain or shine facility. Rain checks and refunds will not be granted.
Please do not feed the animals. All of our animals' diets are closely monitored by our vet and keeper staff.
For health and safety reasons, footwear must be worn at all times.

Thank you for following these guidelines to insure the safety of our visitors and the animals.

spencer280

look i am not a noobe here i just didn't want to look like an a hole getting there and finding out they having metal detectors and stuff and having a gun on me . that is why i asked. i thought it would have been like kennywood . the managers personal does not want firearms in the park but personal she does not own the park. the park rules have no laws about weapons in the park so i will conceal carry in the zoo. i'll let you guys know if there is a problem. even under my shirt you can still see it on my hip.