Thread: Did my "Wally Walk" tonight.

Smile Did my "Wally Walk" tonight.

Well, I got it over with. The wife needed to go to WalMart tonight, so I decided to go with her and OC. It went very well I think. I did notice some eyeballing from some of the young bucks that worked there. Got a few looks from other customers, and a couple "turn and walk fast aways." LOL Mostly though, I think it went unnoticed.
    We then went to Gander Mountain to pistol shop for her, but we got there ten minutes before closing, so that was a wash. Of course there was no issues there.
    So, not an OC virgin no more.

My first OC was at Wally World. I really wish I would OC more often, but I currently live on a military base so it is burdensome for me to OC on a regular basis.

Cherry popped

Congrats

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by merc460 View Post
    Well, I got it over with. The wife needed to go to WalMart tonight, so I decided to go with her and OC. It went very well I think. I did notice some eyeballing from some of the young bucks that worked there. Got a few looks from other customers, and a couple "turn and walk fast aways." LOL Mostly though, I think it went unnoticed.
    We then went to Gander Mountain to pistol shop for her, but we got there ten minutes before closing, so that was a wash. Of course there was no issues there.
    So, not an OC virgin no more.

Congratulations!

I felt great the first day I OCed! I use a thigh holster so it is very obvious.
    Turns out that day I had the police at my house (nothing bad). He casually said "I'm gonna take this for now". I said, "If it makes you feel better". XD40 5"
    (I do not like it when they take my gun!)
    Last edited by erb; 07-24-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: ( )

Cool Way To Go

Congratulations and best of luck in future open carry episodes. While I do open carry on occasion (like right now), I most often carry concealed and my BUG (back up gun) is always carried concealed.

I have never had a LEO ask for my handgun. I was carrying concealed at a large public gathering using a fanny pack once and had two LEOs approach me to ask me if I was carrying. When I replied in the affirmative they asked to see my permit and driver license. After looking at them they gave them back and commented that they supported and appreciated law abiding citizens who take responsibility for their own protection. LEO #1 asked me what was carrying and I told him it was a Springfield Model 1911 chambered in 45 ACP. As he turned away and muttered "what a hand-cannon" LEO #2 who was older mentioned, "if your gonna do it, do it right".

By the way, that was the last time I ever carried in a fanny pack. The weight of the gun caused the fanny pack to sink and the "printing" was unmistakable. So, that in essence was an open carry event.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Congratulations and best of luck in future open carry episodes. While I do open carry on occasion (like right now), I most often carry concealed and my BUG (back up gun) is always carried concealed.

I have never had a LEO ask for my handgun. I was carrying concealed at a large public gathering using a fanny pack once and had two LEOs approach me to ask me if I was carrying. When I replied in the affirmative they asked to see my permit and driver license. After looking at them they gave them back and commented that they supported and appreciated law abiding citizens who take responsibility for their own protection. LEO #1 asked me what was carrying and I told him it was a Springfield Model 1911 chambered in 45 ACP. As he turned away and muttered "what a hand-cannon" LEO #2 who was older mentioned, "if your gonna do it, do it right".

By the way, that was the last time I ever carried in a fanny pack. The weight of the gun caused the fanny pack to sink and the "printing" was unmistakable. So, that in essence was an open carry event.
    I wish my LEO experience was like this. My first time wasn't a good experience and I wasn't well versed with the laws so they walked all over me. You could say I'm informed now and may it ever happen again the LEO wont like me very much. I wish more LEO's were like the ones you met.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by erb View Post
    I felt great the first day I OCed! I use a thigh holster so it is very obvious.
    Turns out that day I had the police at my house (nothing bad). He casually said "I'm gonna take this for now". I said, "If it makes you feel better". XD40 5"
    (I do not like it when they take my gun!)
    An LEO was at YOUR house and took YOUR method of self defense? That's horrible. I would of told him to leave my property.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." -Thomas Jefferson