• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did my "Wally Walk" tonight.

merc460

Well, I got it over with. The wife needed to go to WalMart tonight, so I decided to go with her and OC. It went very well I think. I did notice some eyeballing from some of the young bucks that worked there. Got a few looks from other customers, and a couple "turn and walk fast aways." LOL Mostly though, I think it went unnoticed.
We then went to Gander Mountain to pistol shop for her, but we got there ten minutes before closing, so that was a wash. Of course there was no issues there.
So, not an OC virgin no more. :banana:

flagellum

My first OC was at Wally World. I really wish I would OC more often, but I currently live on a military base so it is burdensome for me to OC on a regular basis.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Well, I got it over with. The wife needed to go to WalMart tonight, so I decided to go with her and OC. It went very well I think. I did notice some eyeballing from some of the young bucks that worked there. Got a few looks from other customers, and a couple "turn and walk fast aways." LOL Mostly though, I think it went unnoticed.
We then went to Gander Mountain to pistol shop for her, but we got there ten minutes before closing, so that was a wash. Of course there was no issues there.
So, not an OC virgin no more. :banana:

Congratulations! :D

erb

I felt great the first day I OCed! I use a thigh holster so it is very obvious.
Turns out that day I had the police at my house (nothing bad). He casually said "I'm gonna take this for now". I said, "If it makes you feel better". XD40 5"
(I do not like it when they take my gun!)

Last edited:

jpm84092

Way To Go

Congratulations and best of luck in future open carry episodes. While I do open carry on occasion (like right now), I most often carry concealed and my BUG (back up gun) is always carried concealed.

I have never had a LEO ask for my handgun. I was carrying concealed at a large public gathering using a fanny pack once and had two LEOs approach me to ask me if I was carrying. When I replied in the affirmative they asked to see my permit and driver license. After looking at them they gave them back and commented that they supported and appreciated law abiding citizens who take responsibility for their own protection. LEO #1 asked me what was carrying and I told him it was a Springfield Model 1911 chambered in 45 ACP. As he turned away and muttered "what a hand-cannon" LEO #2 who was older mentioned, "if your gonna do it, do it right".

By the way, that was the last time I ever carried in a fanny pack. The weight of the gun caused the fanny pack to sink and the "printing" was unmistakable. So, that in essence was an open carry event.

USMC1986

Congratulations and best of luck in future open carry episodes. While I do open carry on occasion (like right now), I most often carry concealed and my BUG (back up gun) is always carried concealed.

I have never had a LEO ask for my handgun. I was carrying concealed at a large public gathering using a fanny pack once and had two LEOs approach me to ask me if I was carrying. When I replied in the affirmative they asked to see my permit and driver license. After looking at them they gave them back and commented that they supported and appreciated law abiding citizens who take responsibility for their own protection. LEO #1 asked me what was carrying and I told him it was a Springfield Model 1911 chambered in 45 ACP. As he turned away and muttered "what a hand-cannon" LEO #2 who was older mentioned, "if your gonna do it, do it right".

By the way, that was the last time I ever carried in a fanny pack. The weight of the gun caused the fanny pack to sink and the "printing" was unmistakable. So, that in essence was an open carry event.

I wish my LEO experience was like this. My first time wasn't a good experience and I wasn't well versed with the laws so they walked all over me. You could say I'm informed now and may it ever happen again the LEO wont like me very much. I wish more LEO's were like the ones you met.

USMC1986

I felt great the first day I OCed! I use a thigh holster so it is very obvious.
Turns out that day I had the police at my house (nothing bad). He casually said "I'm gonna take this for now". I said, "If it makes you feel better". XD40 5"
(I do not like it when they take my gun!)

An LEO was at YOUR house and took YOUR method of self defense? That's horrible. I would of told him to leave my property.