• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Skagit County "Public Safety" Building (otherwise known as courthouse etc)

sudden valley gunner

Went to Skagit County courthouse today. Wife needed to take care of business. The security guard at the door told me I shouldn't have and can't bring guns in there. I told him I know I need to check it. He said it's a government building and they are not allowed. I tried to point out 9.41.300 he didn't know about it said he needed to call sheriff I told him that's fine. The guy wasn't being a jerk just seemed uninformed about the law. I could also see the lock boxes right there next to him.

Poor guy was also short staffed (by himself) and although there were only two people when we arrived a line formed behind me. While waiting for the sheriff or deputy the lady behind me stated something about I should leave it in the car next time ( I also had stepped out of line already as to not hold others up), I informed her no I make them follow the law. Meanwhile my wife finished much sooner than I expected so I informed the guy "we were leaving. He made a comment that he carries too.

So I think Monday if I have time I might grab some pamphlets and head down there, hopefully he won't be so busy and we can discuss the situation and how to remedy it.

I had my camera video running the whole time, not really great at getting video with it since it is all over but it does have the conversation recorded.

Last edited:

Aryk45XD

Invite him over to the thread. We'll learn him real good. At least a seed is planted. Hopefully he'll be interested enough in proper procedure and look into it himself.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
By just addressing this issue to one employee only touches one employee.

I would suggest you get in contact with the Sheriff and address the issue and then all can be trained to properly handle this.

sudden valley gunner

Invite him over to the thread. We'll learn him real good. At least a seed is planted. Hopefully he'll be interested enough in proper procedure and look into it himself.

That is my intention he could be a good asset to this site. I could tell this guy had never seen or heard of OC, and was not being a jerk, especially him telling me at the end he carries too.

I would have talked to the Sheriff or deputy too, if I had more time they were on their way to "talk" to me, but since my business there was done I left. And I am sure the department had a discussion about it after I left.

Aryk45XD

Most of the times situations like this have happened only because the officer doesn't know procedure. They have all been polite and willing tohelp, it just takes a little longer for them to get the facts straight. Just my experience so far.

sudden valley gunner

Thanks JBone I thought I remembered you guys working on this. If I can get e-mails I would appreciate it.
They have the lock boxes they just ignorant/or refuse to follow the law.

jbone

Thanks JBone I thought I remembered you guys working on this. If I can get e-mails I would appreciate it.
They have the lock boxes they just ignorant/or refuse to follow the law.

Call or email:
paulr@co.skagit.wa.us

Paul Reilly
WSBA #10709
Civil Division
Skagit County Prosecuting Attorney's Office

He's the guy I worked with, and who fixed this with in "08" I hope he's still arouind. It was working fine for awhile. I'll dig up the emails, send me a PM with you home email. He is also the one I addressed the firearms ban at the FairGrounds, and he fixed that as well.

jbone

Send a letter to the commissioners, sheriff and PA. Do you want copy of the letter we sent in "08".

jbone

I just sent an email letter to the PA, Commissioners, and Sheriff referencing what transpired in 2008, the original letter Hammer and I sent, and the new procedures the county said they were implementing at that time. Email read notification set.
I still say send in your complaint Rob.