Thread: New here

New here

Hello, thought I would introduce myself, as I am new here. My name is Patrick and I just found this web site about a week ago. I support open carry and concealed carry, but prefer to conceal myself. I am in Nixa, MO.

welcome to OCDO Deadeye600!

i hope to see more posts from you.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Welcome!!!!

Welcome Deadeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye600 View Post
    I support open carry and concealed carry, but prefer to conceal myself. I am in Nixa, MO.
    Same here. Only reason I don't OC more often is because it's so difficult to know every law and where every territory begins and stops. Which is why I wish we were an OC state.

Welcome Deadeye,,,,

Welcome! Look forward to hearing from you! Read some of the older posts and create new ones!

Glad to see more people finding out about OCDO.

Welcome DEADEYE600,glad to see you here.If your not opencarrying,its cool,at least you are carrying so you wont become a victim.I dont care if you or others carry concealed,as they shouldnt care if I carry open,but im sad to say,it usually doesnt end up that way....

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

St Charles County

Quote Originally Posted by mofalloncarry View Post
    Same here. Only reason I don't OC more often is because it's so difficult to know every law and where every territory begins and stops. Which is why I wish we were an OC state.
    I have read all the firearms laws for all of the Municipalities in St Charles county and you are good to OC just about anywhere in the county if you have a CCW. The only place it is uncertain is Foristell and I don't even know if they have their own PD.

Talking

Doc- Foristell has two cops on duty at all times: one for eastbound 70 and the other for westbound 70.

welcome deadeye

Foistells finest

Quote Originally Posted by cash50 View Post
    Doc- Foristell has two cops on duty at all times: one for eastbound 70 and the other for westbound 70.

welcome deadeye
    Hey Cash, Thanks for the intel.

and welcome aboard Dead eye

Doc

Welcome Deadeye

Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    I have read all the firearms laws for all of the Municipalities in St Charles county and you are good to OC just about anywhere in the county if you have a CCW. The only place it is uncertain is Foristell and I don't even know if they have their own PD.
    Thanks for the info! Glad to see D.P. on there, as I wasn't sure. Even if I CC I usually don't pay much attention to whether or not I'm printing, as I figure OC is legal. Just wasn't sure about D.P.

As for Foristell, they do have their own PD, but it's EXTREMELY small. Here's their website: http://www.cityofforistell.org/police_department.html If you find out, let me know!

The one place in St Charles county

Quote Originally Posted by silo View Post
    Thanks for the info! Glad to see D.P. on there, as I wasn't sure. Even if I CC I usually don't pay much attention to whether or not I'm printing, as I figure OC is legal. Just wasn't sure about D.P.

As for Foristell, they do have their own PD, but it's EXTREMELY small. Here's their website: http://www.cityofforistell.org/police_department.html If you find out, let me know!
    I have read Foristell's laws and they do have a law that states simply list illegal use of a weapon to include "Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use" and they have not updated their laws to adjust for CCW so as it is written for now. OC could catch that charge.
    You can allow your firearm to print all you want. Missouri does not have laws that make printing illegal.

Doc

Interesting. Think that could be interpreted as being able to OC with it unloaded but with a mag in the pocket/in a holder?

signs, signs everywhere signs.....

Quote Originally Posted by silo View Post
    Interesting. Think that could be interpreted as being able to OC with it unloaded but with a mag in the pocket/in a holder?
    I have read many of Missouri's laws concerning carried firearms and it is my opinion that a firearm that is "readily accessible" with ammo that is "readily accessible" would be a violation of Foristell's law. Missouri's laws are written different than states like Cali. You have to know the states definitions to terms used. Common sense and laws rarely go hand and hand.

Doc

Thanks for the info. Also wanted to let everyone know I changed my screen name from "mofalloncarry" to "silo" to make it less confusing for me on what my screen name is here, haha.