• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry forum

nobama

Has anybody been on the concealed carry forums. OMG some of these people are determined to keep their head in the sand! I was actually theatened to be called a troll. They swore up and down that NC is NOT an OC state. I told them we are all on the same side and if they dont want to OC thats fine. Has anyone been there?

kootsoup

Yeah.. I did my time over at DefensiveCarry.com and it was amazing... They even have a Open carry section and if you posted anything positive about OC people would tear you apart!! I was actually being eStalked by members who would tell me how dangerous and inconsiderate OC was whenever I posted anything..

If fact, I was trying to get the word out about the Eric Scott shooting and people were smashing my comments and telling me that the fact the he graduated from West Point meant "absolutely nothing" and that anyone with an education and military service is just as trust worthy as a convicted felon.. I could not believe what I was reading..

So, needless to say, I will not even look at that site ever again.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Why not just post a bunch of photos of people OCing in well-known NC places on that site? I've got some pictures of me OCing at the Wright Brothers National Memorial--that would make their heads explode if they think OC isn't legal in NC...

You've got to remember, the CC crowd has a LOT invested in their permission slips--time, money, the feeling of being somehow "special" or "blessed". If people come around and start showing the world that OC is legal, they feel like schmucks for spending nearly $200 that they really didn't need to...

A lot of this is because of the bad info that CC instructors give their students. They seem to really harp on the GAttTotP issue in CC classes in NC. Some of them repeat that old "Open Carriers will be the first one shot" scenario. They talk about "gun grabs" even though they have NEVER happened. Its all about perpetuating the myth that CC is the ONLY way, so they keep getting their fees...

And you've also got to remember that most CC people only know th elaw the way it was handed to them in class. They are NOT activists like we are. They are NOT out there doing the research themselves--calling the AG's office, talking to lawyers and LEOs, reading the statutes like we do. Most CC people take the class, get their permit, and that's the end of their education in the law, unless they take some advanced self defense courses. CC people are NOT activists like we are, so they only know what they are taught by "authorities" and "experts"...

The best thing we can do is EDUCATE people. Open Carry every day. Hand out flyers. Talk to people. If you're not the "educating" type, then at least tell people about ODCO and get some brochures printed out about NC Gun Rights. Sometimes a smile, a friendly word, and some printed material goes a LONG way...

I've pretty much given up on the CC crowd. The ones who DO know the law support us. The ones who are just "Concealed Cowboys" can go piss up a tree, as far as I'm concerned...

nobama

alright I dont feel so bad now. They kept giving the same ole GTTTOTP or whatever, then I remembered there are so many things that have to come together before that charge can be made. If someone is alot more computer savy than I they could go on that sight and post anything that can prove that we are right. concealcarryforum.com. I think. or concealedcarryforum.com.

Dreamer

Maybe I'll visit them later this week. I've got some good pics of me OCing in front of well-known NC sites. Heck, I may even be able to arrange a pic of me standing with one of the local Sheriff's Deputies or city police.

I bet some of those anti-OC folks would LOVE that...

I've already been "banned for life" from one 2A forum this week. Might as well go for a "two-fer"... ;)

merc460

Maybe I'll visit them later this week. I've got some good pics of me OCing in front of well-known NC sites. Heck, I may even be able to arrange a pic of me standing with one of the local Sheriff's Deputies or city police.

I bet some of those anti-OC folks would LOVE that...

I've already been "banned for life" from one 2A forum this week. Might as well go for a "two-fer"... ;)

From the many posts of yours I have read, it is their loss.

Dreamer

I suggested that they start approaching their problems from a "Public relations" angle, and win the "hearts and minds" of the People, rather than just engage in high-profile litigation and legislative actions.

And I called out several "high-post-count" members for using the term "CCW", noting that that is not a "permit" it is a description of a CRIME...

And then when someone asked about a recent permit renewal issue with a State Delegate (who I know, and had talked to recently) I answered with what I knew, and threw in a little "interpretation" as to the REAL reason the issuing agency was hassling him about renewal.

Needless to say, it didn't go over well.

I got accuse of "saying things that would work against their efforts".

What I think that means is that there are a LOT of MD LEOs on that forum, and they were afraid that their tender sensibilities would be damaged by the truth...

Banned for life... I wear it as a badge of honor.

I might actually go to their Monthly Meeting in August. I'm going to be near where it is for about a week. I'd love to spend a few hours schmoozing, being polite, talking about issues, handing out "Guns Save Lives" buttons and Gun Rights brochures, and then tell them who I was and leave...

Whatever...

Last edited:

nobama

I didnt go on there to have a ******* contest. I was just answering a question someone asked about OC in Greensboro on private personal property, and I said it was then I got all the " hell no! and gtttotp and all that. Then I gave them this site and then the redicule started . I love that site though. They have alot of cool stuff. Im gonna let it go and still visit and not mention OC again. Some of those people just assume we are a bunch of punk ass idiots or cowboy rednecks. Really chaps me.Cowboy rednecks?? mmm I resemble that remark. ha ha.

Gunslinger

Which Concealed Carry forum are you talking about? I'm on one that has no problem with OC, most members simply prefer CC. And the discussion itself rarely even comes up. Although I generally CC, I'm on this forum because I support our RIGHT to carry any way we choose.

nobama

Very good point. I too support any kind of carry. Its just I was trying to defend the fact that OC is leagal in NC and 1 or 2 people thought I was stepping out of line. They too said they support it but didnt like the fact that they thought I was giving bad advice to someone who asked about it. I respect their opinion but the whole thing turned into a goat rope.

bwhunter65

I have been on defence carry forum and they are a couple of guys who dead against OC but oh well If I want to OC that's my choice. I OC about 50% of the time I carry. I hate they have an OC forum and you have idiots that go there to criticise people who do.

nobama

The guy giving me @#$t was a total anus. I tried to smooth things over a bit and take the high RD but then he started making personal attacks, claiming he's talked to more LO in one day than I will in a lifetime. HA HA. WTF? I told him I didnt give a rats a#$ if they swapped spit. IM done with the jack ass!!! Hey lets have a triad OC meet and invite him and his LO friends. Just go to concealedcarryforum.com and read up.

Gunslinger

The guy giving me @#$t was a total anus. I tried to smooth things over a bit and take the high RD but then he started making personal attacks, claiming he's talked to more LO in one day than I will in a lifetime. HA HA. WTF? I told him I didnt give a rats a#$ if they swapped spit. IM done with the jack ass!!! Hey lets have a triad OC meet and invite him and his LO friends. Just go to concealedcarryforum.com and read up.
Can you link to the thread on CCF? I'm on that forum and don't recall any animus towards NC OC, but don't read all of the threads. If you had been attacked for advocating OC in a thread I'd read, I'd have weighed in on your side.

mekender

You should all come over to CSF and liven it up there too...

www.carolinashootersforum.com

At least once a month someone spouts off about GATTOP and we have to set em straight... For the most part though, we dont have any CHP vs OC arguments that devolve into people getting banned.

nobama

This is exactly the kind of stuff that divides freedom loving gun owners. the link is the chp second amendment or something along those lines. The simple question was asked about OC on private,personal propertyin Greensboro NC and after reading several I must say ignorant responses I decided to chime in and said YEA its OK. Wow, what the hell did I do. They also dont like OC activists. Im sorry for all the rants,but this really P$$ed me off when it started to get personal. I thought we all loved freedom.

Bluemax

I suggested that they start approaching their problems from a "Public relations" angle, and win the "hearts and minds" of the People, rather than just engage in high-profile litigation and legislative actions.

And I called out several "high-post-count" members for using the term "CCW", noting that that is not a "permit" it is a description of a CRIME...

Maybe it depends on where you are. My permit from Missouri says "CCW Until ........." It is good for 3 years from the date of issue.

muccione

I have a CWP and OC 99% of the time... Its just my preferred method. My brother never OCs, only CC for him. CC just gives me more options. My CC instructor did bring up the OC and the gtttotp bullshit. But the CC instructors have a vested interest in people going to classes, $ signs are some good blinders

Gunslinger

I have a CWP and OC 99% of the time... Its just my preferred method. My brother never OCs, only CC for him. CC just gives me more options. My CC instructor did bring up the OC and the gtttotp bullshit. But the CC instructors have a vested interest in people going to classes, $ signs are some good blinders

"Going to the terror of the people" is anachronistic. I know of no other state that uses terminology like this--and I'm from New England. Maybe when the Klan was riding at nights it made sense, but in this day and age it is meaningless babble. But then John Edwards is still a member of the bar in NC, isn't he? That explains everything...