• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry forum

nobama

concealedcarryforum.com/forum/ thats the best I can give you since I am computer illiterate. My home computer for some reason wont bring the website up. I had to go through Google. Hope this helps.

carracer

I frequent the same concealedcarryforum. Haven't met with much abuse. I tried to find the thread but too many sub topics. Can you be a little more specific?

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
I think I found it. There is some real misinformed folks on there. Too bad the thread got locked.
http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23280

Wow.... Reading that thread pissed me off. Its incredible how they have this authoritative attitude about saying how OC is not legal in Greensboro, and how the Greensboro OC gang is a bunch of nutjobs.

I live in Greensboro & I OC regularly. I have walked right past GPD officers in Wal-Mart & even inside Four Seasons Mall (once) while open carrying, and I have never been drawn on or had any kind of confrontation with local LEOs. I live in a condominium complex housing over 120 units, and I OC while I walk my dog (in the last year we have had several break-ins, mostly vehicular, and one armed robbery in our complex) - surely out of 120 units, there have got to be some hoplophobes living near me, and I've never had an officer cruise up to me.

If OC in Greensboro is so dangerous, then WHY haven't I been arrested or murdered by the local LEO's yet?

The only time I ever had a negative experience was when I was asked to leave Best Buy, because, supposedly (according to the GM), firearms are not permitted in any Best Buy stores, open OR concealed, unless the person carrying is a LEO. Nevermind that there is no sign stating that.

I sometime OC, and I sometimes CC.... I think its amazing how many of the CC-only people get so frickin' hostile toward people like myself for OC'ing. Those guys need to take a valium.

I'll bet they're really going to have their panties in a wad over all the OC'ing that's going to be getting publicized on August 14th in [**GASP**] Greensboro!

nobama

Yea I wanted to mention that but I got my last words in and let it go. Wher the rubber meats the road is .ITS LEAGAL.

Anthony_I_Am

alright I dont feel so bad now. They kept giving the same ole GTTTOTP or whatever, then I remembered there are so many things that have to come together before that charge can be made. If someone is alot more computer savy than I they could go on that sight and post anything that can prove that we are right. concealcarryforum.com. I think. or concealedcarryforum.com.

Download and read the NC OC flyer.
I guess they never heard of State V. Huntley
I was cosidering joining a local shooting club. I was reading their FAQ's and they advised against OC'ing and said it was "a good way to get arrested", so I saved my money. Sad thing is a lot of people probably read those FAQ's and get wrong information.

Anthony_I_Am

The best thing we can do is EDUCATE people. Open Carry every day. Hand out flyers. Talk to people. If you're not the "educating" type, then at least tell people about ODCO and get some brochures printed out about NC Gun Rights. Sometimes a smile, a friendly word, and some printed material goes a LONG way...

I've pretty much given up on the CC crowd. The ones who DO know the law support us. The ones who are just "Concealed Cowboys" can go piss up a tree, as far as I'm concerned...

+1 dreamer. I printed out about 20 of the OC flyers to keep in my truck and keep one in my back pocket all the time now.

7/30/10 went to CVS pharmacy in Goldsboro for some nail clippers about 9:50PM.
CASHIER: Do you have a permit?
ME: No.
CASHIER: Then how you just wearing that like that?
ME: You only need a permit if it is concealed. You can carry a handgun in NC so long as it is not concealed. Here, here is a flyer for you!
CASHIER: I ain't never seen nobody just wearing a gun like that.
ME: More and more people are doing it.

I got in my truck and could see her thru the glass doors reading the flyer. Let's get 'em educated!

Last edited:

Dreamer

Download and read the NC OC flyer.
I guess they never heard of State V. Huntley
I was cosidering joining a local shooting club. I was reading their FAQ's and they advised against OC'ing and said it was "a good way to get arrested", so I saved my money. Sad thing is a lot of people probably read those FAQ's and get wrong information.

The Sporting Clays range I regularly shoot at in Washington NC has no problem with OC. I always OC there--Para Ord on my hip, and a Mossberg 500 in my hands. I've got several compliments on it from the staff...

TravelingMan0491

Nicely done Dreamer!

I also OC a Para Ord 1445 but special for my unit. Pictures are here:

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh282/ProtectTheProfit/Para%20Ord%201911%2045%20Cal/

only has 154 rounds through it so far since I started shooting it on Jul 30, 2010.

Just got done taking the concealed carry course at Sportsman's Lodge here in Jacksonville, NC and working towards the permit... but I guess that would make my 4 pistol purchasing permits obsolete from what I hear right? Since having a CHP lets you purchase pistols as well? Please correct me if I have been mislead!

cricketdad

I also OC a Para Ord 1445 but special for my unit. Pictures are here:

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh282/ProtectTheProfit/Para%20Ord%201911%2045%20Cal/

only has 154 rounds through it so far since I started shooting it on Jul 30, 2010.

Just got done taking the concealed carry course at Sportsman's Lodge here in Jacksonville, NC and working towards the permit... but I guess that would make my 4 pistol purchasing permits obsolete from what I hear right? Since having a CHP lets you purchase pistols as well? Please correct me if I have been mislead!

You are correct. GRNC had a new law enacted several years ago that allows you to purchase handguns with your permit. Limited only by what your wallet or credit card can stand.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Thanx for the link. Had not read that thread at CC forum, of which I'm a member. Some of the posters and I have crossed swords more than once, just as here. Don't let it bother you. Most of the guys fully support your right to OC if you choose, even if they prefer CC. I'm one of them. And the forum's creator, Nathan, is a really good guy. Opinionated, just like I am, but fair and even handed.

As to GATTTOTP, it is anachronistic, unconstitutionally vague and nothing but a free pass for the cops to control you. I met two State Cops in NC: one a really good guy. The other an arrogant, (black) pos racist with quite a reputation in the hick towns in north central NC. Stopped for speeding by both. Shook hands and drove away from the first; made the second look like a fool in court. Scum like him need the above type of unjust laws to strut their arrogance. And quotas to get their job in the first place. I'm not a fan of NC and don't see how it could possibly be considered a Gold Star state for OC.

Last edited:

Dreamer

I just got banned off another CCW forum. www.waltherforums.com it took three posts. :lol:

They discussed how open carry was bad for 5 pages including ad hominem attacks. I commented three times and was banned. CCW must be where it's at.

link

Bro, I'm impressed... I thought getting "banned for life" from a general gun-rights forum in less than 36 hours was bodacious, but you've got me beat hands-down...

Woof... ;)

You should wear that one as a badge of honor.

Last edited:

sultan62

Damn, kwik. They didn't even have a legitimate reason to ban you.

I was disappointed when I got to the forum at first, as there appears to be no search function. On a hunch, I went into the General Discussion area, as I figured you weren't talking about a specific Walther. And lo and behold, what do I see?

"Man files suit against Tennessee for right to carry handgun without permit"

Something tells me if I put up a single post simply asking why you were banned and outlining how you broke no rules, I would get banned as well.

Hmm. May go see if I'm right.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Check this out:

http://www.waltherforums.com/showthread.php?t=13505&page=6

I just put in my two cents, posting as "CensorshipIsBad".

I can't believe that those morons actually think that the conversations on Waltherforums.net are private in nature. Its not like you need a special invite to view/post there. :banghead:

I can't see that Kwik said anything in his 3 posts that would warrant being banned. I'm sure I will be banned after my one post as well. They will probably wrongly assume that I and kwikrnu are the same. :rolleyes:

EDIT: aaaaaand the thread got LOCKED =P

Last edited:

sultan62

Shoot. My confirmation email for registration didn't come through, and now that thread is locked. Oh well.

kwikrnu

Banned
Don't go harrassing them. I just wanted to point out that there are many gun forums which do not like open carry. It doesn't make sense to me...

elixin77

Don't go harrassing them. I just wanted to point out that there are many gun forums which do not like open carry. It doesn't make sense to me...

Because it:

-goes against the 'norm' of concealing your gun if you have it on you
-treads on the fact that CC'ers spent good money to be able to carry their firearm *concealed* when they (probably) didn't have to spend any money at all to OC
-They've altered their wardrobe to support their CC habit
-They've ingrained into their minds that it is tactically superior to be CC'ing, when CC'ers have drawn their weapons down on someone far more then someone who OC's
-Refuse to believe that an openly carried pistol is an actual form of deterrent

the list goes on and on. I'm not trying to bash CC, i'm just laying out reasons why people hate OC.