• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff

Sig229

I have thought about it actually. It doesn't seem like a bad state at all and I do like wide, open, spaces. This is all assuming, of course, that - if - I stay with the girl I've been seeing, I can convince her of one of those states. If not then I'll be moving to wherever she likes it best anyway lol.

Yeah, I too love Alaska. But the 6-7 dollars a gallon for gasoline would be a bitch. A gallon of milk goes for the same price.
Unless you make a really good living, Alaska is very expensive as far as the cost of living.

rushcreek2

When I applied for my CO CHP in 2006 (PRE-Ritter)- I received it in the mail on the 12th day.

I would also suspect that CBI is behind the delay. I mailed off my mail-in ballot today with a vote for Sheriff Maketa. The Colorado Springs Gazette seems to be backing Shirk with more than just a little bias showing. That's OK. If what has been said about Shirk is true - it's going to be a WIN/WIN. My understanding is that Maketa decided to run again because Shirk was seeking the office. If Terry Maketa doesn't want to turn over his job to Shirk - there must be a good reason. People have been known to say just about anything in order to get votes - and then................

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Keep The Personal Vendetta's Off The Forum

A bunch of deleted posts

This is not the first time you guys have used the forum as a sounding board for your personal feud.

We don't want it here.

Unsubstantiated rumors about another poster should be kept to oneself.

John

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Congratulations Sheriff Maketa - I'm glad to have you around another term!

Although I have no doubt that Maketa will win, you do realize the election is in November right? The only thing he won was the Republican nomination.....

That being said, people are just going to vote for the name they know anyways.

ZackL

Although I have no doubt that Maketa will win, you do realize the election is in November right? The only thing he won was the Republican nomination.....

Thanks for clearing that up... I thought I had missed something.

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
If you dont mind going into further detail, I was wondering if its because you were "adjudicated" as a minor.
The CBI will not grant a CHL for people who have even had a minor juvenile run in with the law.
Yet drunk drivers and other adult misdemeanors are somehow okay with them.
This is not true. You must have been adjudicated for a crime that would have been a felony if commited by an adult.

Keep in mind, the legal term adjudicated just means "a legal process with an outcome". So you may not even have been convicted in juvenile court and they will STILL deny you. Even with firearm purchases.
Same as above.

When I lived in CO, I bought three rifles and one handgun, then all of a sudden one day I was denied and that was CBI's reason. What a crock of ****!

I was never even convicted of anything in my entire life. I was merely charged as a juvenile and they nolle prossed it. Wasn't even in the state if Colorado either.

I remember when I went to CBI to raise hell about it, I asked the woman officer "So if an 90 year old got charged with a crime while he was a juvenile 75 years ago, and never was convicted of anything you (CBI) would still deny him the right to buy a firearm and a CHL?" She said "sure would"

I told her "she should be ashamed of herself and CBI" and walked out.

I have NEVER had an issue buying firearms anywhere else in this country and I have lived in 13 states. Including some very anti gun states.

You folks in Colorado better keep an eye out. I fear your gun rights are going to slowly be taken away.
YES, it can happen in CO as well. Considering all of the California folks moving there.

If you live in Colorado, when the CBI sends you the reason for the denial, if it was in fact a juvenile adjudication or conviction that happened before you turned 18, you can get the record expunged. It's easy, doesn't cost anything, other than if you want to look at the old case file the courts have and just takes some time.
You'll need to fill out some forms and file them in the original county court system where the original charges were filed.
If this is the case, and you need help, please PM me. I can lend a hand.....been through it.
I had been purchasing firearms for more than 15 years and then BAM!!!..denial when I went to get a new Kimber.
It also sucked because I had just sent in the paperwork for my permit renewal.

Gunslinger

That being said, people are just going to vote for the name they know anyways.
He's already won. He has no democrap opponent. They aren't as stupid as they look--well, yes they are.