• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tremp. Co. Fair - Demo Derby

BROKENSPROKET

I OC'd at the Trempealeau County Fair Saturday and Sunday. Walked around quite a bit. Hundreds of people had the chance to see my firearm. Noone seemed to be the least bit concerned. I stood in the close vicinity and walked past Co. Deputies several times. Open Carry in Trempealeau County is a non-issue, atleast that has been my experience and this weekend put the seal on that opinion.

Canard

I OC'd at the Trempealeau County Fair Saturday and Sunday. Walked around quite a bit. Hundreds of people had the chance to see my firearm. Noone seemed to be the least bit concerned. I stood in the close vicinity and walked past Co. Deputies several times. Open Carry in Trempealeau County is a non-issue, atleast that has been my experience and this weekend put the seal on that opinion.

Curious about two things:
1) do they not serve beer at the county fair? (class b liquor license)
2) I assume the fair grounds are not owned by the county so going into the buildings is not an issue.

I'm curious if leo is turning a blind eye in our favor.

M

McX

right on brokensproket! ya know; we should keep a log of places attended, hours spent on carry, and award 3 of the highest "carriers of the year"! you guys would whip me in one day.

BROKENSPROKET

Curious about two things:
1) do they not serve beer at the county fair? (class b liquor license)
2) I assume the fair grounds are not owned by the county so going into the buildings is not an issue.

I'm curious if leo is turning a blind eye in our favor.

1) No alcohol is allowed on festival grounds.

During Arcadia Broiler Days, I OC'd at the tractor pull and they were selling beer. City police knew I was carrying cuz I talked to one of them at the gate

2)Fairgrounds is owned be a non-profit, the Trempealeau County Agricultural Society.

I did my research before I went. I had to park on fairgrounds as they are totally surrounded by a GFSZ.

To turn a blind eye connotates(sp) that they are ignoring wrongdoing.