• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My van got tagged by an anti today!

Pagan

My wife went to the Wal mart in York County today and when she came out, my son noticed "a piece of trash on the van". Some anti anti had stuck a hand written note behind my GSL magnet. It read " Tell that to the two people killed in Newport News last week". She brought it home to me and we had a good laugh.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Typical anti-gunner behavior. Can't even control their emotions enough to leave other people's property alone.

Heh, heh. Probably one of those few remaining Brady-bunchers whose mailing address is up for sale to keep afloat.

curtiswr

Is that even allowed? Touching someones car?

What a shame leaving a dirty note on your car. Too bad you where not there to educate this person.

Troll trying to incite comments suggesting breaking the law and/or comments hinting at suggestions of violence or other reprehensible approach to anybody on the anti side.

Ignore.

Last edited:

Pagan

I think that if I or my wife would had seen this person leaving his/her note, both of our responses would simply be along the lines of, "Get away from me and my car". If the kids are with us, it would be, " Get the f*ck away from us". Maybe a MF on the end of that too. That should convey my thoughts quite clearly, without needing to resort to violence; implied or other wise.
To me it was no different than getting a pizza flyer in my wiper blade. I just thought it was funny,I'm sure who ever it was, means well, they just havn't come to grip with reality yet.

Colt 1911

Troll trying to incite comments suggesting breaking the law and/or comments hinting at suggestions of violence or other reprehensible approach to anybody on the anti side.

Ignore.
What???? I am not suggesting breaking the law. :confused: I was asking if it was legal to even POST a note on someones car like that? how am I a troll? I just want to ask questions on this forum and I get slammed people calling me a troll :(:confused: forums are for asking questions right?:confused:

"Is that even allowed? Touching someones car?

What a shame leaving a dirty note on your car. Too bad you where not there to educate this person."
This is not sarcasm it is real, I would have handed out a card in a nice manner. And it is a dirty note, a anti gun is a dirty note.

Last edited:

Colt 1911

But I am confussed. I just post to ask simple questions answerd and I get slammed as a troll? This is a great site it has informed me of our rights but why am I getting slammed as a troll? is it because I asked a question and did not use the search? I thought forums where to ask questions. I found some of my answers like 20 pages back sure I could have not asked but it took me about 30 mins to find these. I was a bit lazy in not searching :p

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hey You Guuuuys!

I just skimmed Colt1911's post history.

While I agree he could exercise a little more responsibility by doing some research rather than expecting us to spoon feed him, lets not forget that not everybody is a brilliant master of deduction like myself and Grapeshot. (And, even fewer have such a deep sense of humility as myself.*)

I noticed he asked about being OK to carry on a beach in one post. It sounds to me like he is generally just trying to find out--because he lacks the experience on this forum the rest of us have.

Lets give him a break for a little while, stifle our own grumpiness. At least he is not like some who read something, think they know it all, and then get themselves in trouble.

And, lets take into account the state of education these last twenty years.

Not all are "easy" to help, either. Some require a little more "roll-up the sleeves and dig in."

He can help by skipping disaffecting comments like in some of his earliest posts. And, doing some personal research before asking, or asking where to look.

*For some reason all my friends fall down suffocating with laughter when I add humility to the list of glowing personality traits that so endear me to so much of the world.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Some anti anti had stuck a hand written note behind my GSL magnet.

At least they didn't steal your GSL magnet, or write their note with their keys in your paint.

A post-it note is actually a pretty civil response, compared to the response SOME folks have experienced to their GSL magnets.

Consider yourself lucky. Some of those "anti's" are downright antisocial...

Glock27Bill

Colt:

It would help your rep if you participated in the threads you start.

Since you never revisit them to get clarification or to even thank folks for their responses, it gives a "hit 'n run" impression.

In your Carry in a Courthouse thread, ProShooter asked if you had considered taking classes to get educated, and Peter Nap answered your question a second time. Ed offered you some FREE cards that will explain the law. No response, and no indication that you read any advice freely offered, with rare exception.

I know you reread threads, because your main multiple post threads are the ones where you defend yourself against these accusations.

So what gives?

btw: I searched 'courthouse' in the VA forum and got 5 pages of results.

Last edited:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Originally Posted by Doug Huffman
No. For "discussion". Socratic dialogue.Thank you Doug! That was helpful, as always.

Thank you Doug! That was helpful, as always.:banghead:

Doug's little nuggets of wisdom are not unlike the flaming bags of poo often left by teenagers on the doorsteps of unsuspecting homeowners.

Mr H

No. For "discussion". Socratic dialogue.

I say "both"...

But what do I know... I'm still a noob.

;-))

Seriously, though... I say give Colt a break. I'm more a reader than a spouter, and have learned greatly from my short time here... but I also admit to being lazy when it comes to "search"

We all say things that others would have done differently. No big deal, IMO. Live (and post), and learn.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I say "both"...

But what do I know... I'm still a noob.

;-))

Seriously, though... I say give Colt a break. I'm more a reader than a spouter, and have learned greatly from my short time here... but I also admit to being lazy when it comes to "search"

We all say things that others would have done differently. No big deal, IMO. Live (and post), and learn.

I think he has been given a break or 10.
Granted, he isn't as trollish as a lot we've had lately, he is getting a little irritating.

His biggest problem is he doesn't know how to say "Sorry" and try to look it up. he just says something about not getting along with search engines and quits the thread only to start another "are we there yet" thread somewhere else.

My guess is he's 12 to 14 years old and going through a stage....Or he could be novacops partner going through a stage (We really need a roll on the floor smiley).

I'm with Proshooter. Just ignore him.

richarcm

Is that even allowed? Touching someones car?

What a shame leaving a dirty note on your car. Too bad you where not there to educate this person.

I don't see anything troll-ish about this at all. I think it would do good for this board to be a bit less harsh to new people rather than outright labeling them "trolls".

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I tend to agree rich. I understand we have expectations, but we're also trying to win friends and influence enemies. Making enemies of folk who may not meet our personal standards doesn't help the cause. We already have enough ideological splits (unlicensed OC/CC vs. pay to play and beg the master folk) that will challenge our effectiveness. The young man does need to learn to learn the customs if he's going to spend any significant time here though.

Last edited: