• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My van got tagged by an anti today!

richarcm

I tend to agree rich. I understand we have expectations, but we're also trying to win friends and influence enemies. Making enemies of folk who may not meet our personal standards doesn't help the cause. We already have enough ideological splits (unlicensed OC/CC vs. pay to play and beg the master folk) that will challenge our effectiveness. The young man does need to learn to learn the customs if he's going to spend any significant time here though.

Agreed....but let him learn! The quickest way to have him talk crap about this board and open carriers in general is to have those who represent open carrying lash out at anyone who is new and isn't part of the click and therefore doesn't know the code. Be good ambassadors of open carry so that we organically attract new people to our movement. And this is all to assume that anything that he wrote in this thread was out of line...which it wasn't in my opinion.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I tend to agree rich. I understand we have expectations, but we're also trying to win friends and influence enemies. Making enemies of folk who may not meet our personal standards doesn't help the cause. .

I happen to agree to s certain extent and it doesn't hurt that you and Richard are some of the less temperamental people here.

While he hasn't been poking anyone with a sharp stick, he has posted "Can I" threads numerous times then eventually left them hanging.
I've tried to answer several times and always with no results other than refusing to go to search.

The Walmart question has been addressed in unending pages of debate.

I suppose time will tell.

curtiswr

Time will tell and until then he'll be on the ignore list feature that the new boards gave to us. One can only make so many excuses for ignorance and when it boils down to either laziness or not heeding the advice/answers of those you asked it becomes nothing more than ridiculous.

230therapy

Just help the guy. Keep a bunch of links handy in a text document and copy-n-paste. It's really not that difficult and we get one more on our side.

I have noticed that people will be polite in person, but very rude on the phone and/or Internet.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just help the guy. Keep a bunch of links handy in a text document and copy-n-paste. It's really not that difficult and we get one more on our side.

I have noticed that people will be polite in person, but very rude on the phone and/or Internet.

That's because you don't have to worry about getting punched on the phone or internet.:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 230therapy

That's because you don't have to worry about getting punched on the phone or internet.:lol:

Or even easily identified, or some seem to think. :uhoh:

karolynrgalarza

My wife went to the Wal mart in York County today and when she came out, my son noticed "a piece of trash on the van". Some anti anti had stuck a hand written note behind my GSL magnet. It read " Tell that to the two people killed in Newport News last week". She brought it home to me and we had a good laugh.

"two people killed in Newport News last week"
When did that happen, and whats the story behind that. If it's a typical newport news shooting then it probably involved a couple gang-bangers.

I wonder if that anti feels the same now that a woman was held hostage and stabbed at that same walmart yesterday. Nah, I give em too much credit. Probably not smart enough to connect the dots that criminals get weapons and use them no matter what a piece of paper says. People like that make me sick.