• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My 10 yr. old gets it.

johnny amish

The wife and I decided to come off the hill and take the kids to the mall of America yesterday, first time, won't go back, anyway we were walking into the mall and on the entrance is a sign posted, NO GUN ALLOWED.... My 10 yr. old looks at the sign and asks " hey daddy don't they allow open carry in the mall", I turned to her and said "no honey they won't allow me to open carry", she paused for a moment, looked up at me and asked "why, do they want people to die?" I was the proudest father in the mall yesterday, she gets it. Life is good.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The wife and I decided to come off the hill and take the kids to the mall of America yesterday, first time, won't go back, anyway we were walking into the mall and on the entrance is a sign posted, NO GUN ALLOWED.... My 10 yr. old looks at the sign and asks " hey daddy don't they allow open carry in the mall", I turned to her and said "no honey they won't allow me to open carry", she paused for a moment, looked up at me and asked "why, do they want people to die?" I was the proudest father in the mall yesterday, she gets it. Life is good.

And we think that they are not listening.

Great Posting!

Mlutz

In my explorer, the hatch acts as a roof. :D Since I transport it in the hatch... @v@ lol.

Mlutz

I just looked at the website, you cannot wear a "bullet proof vest" either... Real or "simulated". Wow...

logan

Campaign Veteran
My 10 yr. old looks at the sign and asks " hey daddy don't they allow open carry in the mall", I turned to her and said "no honey they won't allow me to open carry", she paused for a moment, looked up at me and asked "why, do they want people to die?" I was the proudest father in the mall yesterday, she gets it. Life is good.

Sounds like a great kid you got!

I'm glad those signs mean nothing in MN. I'm assuming you have your MN permit and CCed while you were there. I too carried last time I went there, and I won't ever go there without a gun.

Although I think all mall security guards should carry guns, that is one mall that security REALLY should carry guns. Too big of a mall and it's just asking for a mass shooting with those "No Gun" signs.

B

bhancock

Me too. If I told you why, someone may jump my case saying I just confessed to a crime, but if you can take a hint, here it is. Tremealeau County neighbors Jackson County.

I agree. I make the choice of whether or not to stand in the rain to exercise my right. I am 4 miles south of Jackson county. The LaCrosse County DA made this statement to me "You may be able to carry a concealed weapon for self defense, depending on the circumstances, and the county or city or state cannot keep you from owning weapons in your own home." He of course did not elaborate on what his interpretation of those circumstances were.

The more people that exercise a right more often, the more difficult it will become to deny that right.

jpm84092

Your Child Is the Future of the 2nd Amendment

Any child who at the age of 10 understands that restrictions on personal firearms for the lawful defense of person, family, and property is only inviting such crimes, is a treasure and will be a great asset to our cause in the future.

My personal advice to you John - keep raising that kid right. Then, before going to the Mall of America again, get a non-resident Utah CFP and cover your weapon at the WI / MN border and lawfully carry concealed in MN (and 28 other States).

M

McX

i don't have any kids age 10, but i can say my 13 year old gets it, and embraces it.

johnny amish

Any child who at the age of 10 understands that restrictions on personal firearms for the lawful defense of person, family, and property is only inviting such crimes, is a treasure and will be a great asset to our cause in the future.

My personal advice to you John - keep raising that kid right. Then, before going to the Mall of America again, get a non-resident Utah CFP and cover your weapon at the WI / MN border and lawfully carry concealed in MN (and 28 other States).

I do have a Utah and Florida permit, my gun was hiding all weekend. I did not feel safe with Roy the mall cop protecting us with a flashlight and a radio.

B

bhancock

Truth

She understands at age 10 because she doesn't have parents that feed her a lot of propaganda about the reality of the world. She has parents that teach her the truth about both the good and the bad in the world. If done right the innocence of youth need not be destroyed by such truthful teaching. So many kids are 'protected' from reality but are really being put in much danger by being forced to live in a land of make believe.

I would rather have my daughter prepared to defend herself from someone intent on committing a personal crime against her than having her world crumble around after being confused and defenseless from such an attack. Until that time she can defend herself, well then she needs to know I and Mom are ready and able to defend her from the real threats against her person.

B

bhancock

I do have a Utah and Florida permit, my gun was hiding all weekend. I did not feel safe with Roy the mall cop protecting us with a flashlight and a radio.

20 years ago I worked weekends as a security guard for a local agency. I was assigned to the Radison Hotel parking lot in La Crosse. Armed with a badge, flashlight, and a radio, I asked what do I do if someone resists or commits a crime. The answer was do not interfere or try to stop them, use your radio to call the hotel to have the manager deal with the situation or he will call LEO for help. So really what looked like someone in a uniform who could help you, was actually just a parking attendant to help keep non paying customers out of the lot.

Well after one just 1 Octoberfest weekend I hung up my badge and flashlight, drunk people and criminals have very little respect for a badge if it is not backed up with a GUN.