Thread: Woman 2, thugs 0 after home invasion

Woman 2, thugs 0 after home invasion

Oklahoma break-in turns deadly when 'victim' pulls gun and fires
    July 24, 2010

One gun isn't enough.

That was what Linda Smith (a pseudonym) was thinking after two thugs broke into her Oklahoma apartment. One was holding a weapon (she initially thought it was a knife but it turned out to be a screwdriver) at her throat, and the other was pacing back and forth while holding her purse and demanding her money and valuables. She screamed, and was told if she screamed again, she'd be dead.

She was doing as police recommend in robberies – comply with a robber's demands. But her Lady Smith & Wesson .38 special, which she carries by permit, was hidden in her purse – and the purse was being held by one of the attackers.

Then the situation, suddenly, got much, much worse: One of the robbers demanded that she take off her clothes.

READ MORE
    Last edited by Maine CWP Training; 07-25-2010 at 07:06 AM.

WHy is this posted in the Maine forums?

The scenario is relative to every state.

I know it's relative to every state, that's why it's posted here.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...81#post1315481

and here

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...55#post1315455

I only say this because it's been asked before to refrain from posting the same thread in multiple forums.

Sorry to offend you. In the future I will not share information on the Maine forum.

Please don't let one individual offend you. We need your support as the NRA needs ours. I'm not trying to judge. I would just ask you both to drop it, not to be offended move on for the sake of the cause. I personal enjoyed the article that you posted and may not have seen it if you hadn't.
    Last edited by jonjon_jon; 07-25-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    Sorry to offend you. In the future I will not share information on the Maine forum.
    Strange response - its simple select the right forum (singular), check to see if previously posted and do not copy and paste the complete article.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    You didn't offend me at all, it's pretty minor. I was just making a guidance statement. I'm sorry if I came off too aggressive. Was just trying to reiterate a point in the Forum Rules. I check the General Discussion, News and Political Alerts and True Tales of Self Defense forums all the time to make sure I read the articles like those that belong in those sections, not the individual state sections.