• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman 2, thugs 0 after home invasion. Article posted on World Net Daily.

MamaLiberty

The lady obviously experienced the major drawback of purse carry and seems to have resolved to keep her gun on her body from now on. I'm glad she survived to learn this.

And it sounds as if this lady is one heck of a marksman. Shooting the BG AROUND her boyfriend was some good shooting.

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
"i choose to carry a concealed firearm, because even though i am immensely grateful for the protection from our police departments, i realize they're not god, so they can't be everywhere at once.

"deadly situations can happen in the blink of an eye," she said. "if you are not proactive … you are a vulnerable target."

x100000000000000

merc460

The lady obviously experienced the major drawback of purse carry and seems to have resolved to keep her gun on her body from now on. I'm glad she survived to learn this.

And it sounds as if this lady is one heck of a marksman. Shooting the BG AROUND her boyfriend was some good shooting.

Yeah, I caught that too!
But she's glad the training she's had over the years kicked in at a time when it saved her from injury, or possibly much worse.
I want to sign up for those classes.

Dreamer

According to a local news station from OK (which I trust a gazillion times more than WND...) she had head-shots on BOTH the BGs.

Also these local news reports give much better detail of what happened during the attack, and afterwards.

This lady isn't just a "good shot", she's like Annie Oakley...

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=12810676

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...=450&articleid=20100716_11_AA110_ByMatt123176

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McxB75FOFOw&feature=player_embedded

The best thing about the reporting is that NONE of the reports give the VICTIMS name. Like they do in places like Chicago, or Baltimore, or DC. You kind of wonder why anti-gun jurisdictions reveal the names of victims who defend themselves. It's sort of like giving the BGs friend a Google map for revenge...

Last edited:

rodbender

Carter was shot in the head and leg. The second suspect, 23-year-old Daniel Holman, remains in critical condition in a Tulsa hospital. He was shot in the head and stomach.

One in the head and leg. The other in the head and stomach. HMMMM...I wonder about the head shots. Were they part of the defense or.....well it don't really matter to me. One will obviously NOT be raping or robbing another, the other will probably have a long pause, if he survives. Can't say I wouldn't do the same if I was a woman and the scumbags were going rape me. I'm just sayin'. knowhutimean?

KansasMustang

Just wondering

If she ran out of ammo that left the second one still alive? Bet she was scared, and maybe the 2nd perp just might have posed enough of a threat? But it's a great thing she's alive to tell the tale!!! This kind of story usually gets the affect that let's the BG's know that they aught not do the deed.