Thread: selling a handgun?

selling a handgun?

i own two 9mm handguns and have got to sell one, i was wondering what the law was here in kentucky about selling person to person? my wife's cousin is interested and has offered a fair price but i don't know if i can sell to him. he has been in jail but not prison, he has only been charged and convicted of public intoxication and one dui. no accident with the dui, he got stopped at a road block, thanks for any help.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer92266 View Post
    i own two 9mm handguns and have got to sell one, i was wondering what the law was here in kentucky about selling person to person? my wife's cousin is interested and has offered a fair price but i don't know if i can sell to him. he has been in jail but not prison, he has only been charged and convicted of public intoxication and one dui. no accident with the dui, he got stopped at a road block, thanks for any help.
    You can't sell to a felon, someone out of state(w/o a ffl), someone who is adjudicated mentally deficient, someone who is going to immediately sell it to someone who is prohibited, someone who is under an order of protection where they had a hearing, under 18 yo, a non resident alien, and here are probably others.

From what it sounds like you can sell it to your wife's cousin.