Thread: Armed citizen stops crimes

Armed citizen stops crimes

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=181341

Maybe we need a thread showing where armed citizens make a difference in crime. Here is one. see the link above.

FIGHTING BACK
    Woman 2, thugs 0 after home invasion
    Oklahoma break-in turns deadly when 'victim' pulls gun and fires
    Posted: July 24, 2010
    11:00 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    2010 WorldNetDaily

One gun isn't enough.

That was what Linda Smith (a pseudonym) was thinking after two thugs broke into her Oklahoma apartment. One was holding a weapon (she initially thought it was a knife but it turned out to be a screwdriver) at her throat, and the other was pacing back and forth while holding her purse and demanding her money and valuables. She screamed, and was told if she screamed again, she'd be dead.

She was doing as police recommend in robberies – comply with a robber's demands. But her Lady Smith & Wesson .38 special, which she carries by permit, was hidden in her purse – and the purse was being held by one of the attackers.

Then the situation, suddenly, got much, much worse: One of the robbers demanded that she take off her clothes.

"Come on, what are you waiting for," he told her as he started to yank on her sweatpants, trying to take them off.

Here's everything you need to know about firearms and ammunition

Smith pleaded for her safety and distracted the attackers by telling them she would get her money, which was "in my purse."

The robbers inexplicably allowed her to drop to her knees and crawl across the floor to her purse, which the second attacker had dropped.

She reached inside, and the first shot was clear of the muzzle and into the torso of one of the attackers before she even pulled the weapon clear of the purse. Four more shots followed shortly and, in the end, one of the attackers was dead and the second was hospitalized facing a murder rap for having participated in a felony in which someone died.

Smith, in an exclusive interview with WND, explained she comes from a family that believes in self-reliance and courage.

"I choose to carry a concealed firearm, because even though I am immensely grateful for the protection from our police departments, I realize they're not God, so they can't be everywhere at once.

"Deadly situations can happen in the blink of an eye," she said. "If you are not proactive … you are a vulnerable target."

Smith, an Endowment member of the National Rifle Association, said she's carried a gun for almost half a decade, but never dreamed she'd be in a situation where she'd have to use it to defend her life. But she's glad the training she's had over the years kicked in at a time when it saved her from injury, or possibly much worse.

"Ironically, I thought I was really prepared," she told WND. "I remember that night and saw my life flash before my eyes. Darreon Carter, the man who was attempting to rape me, had me pinned down to my couch, with a knife at my throat. I knew I didn't have access to my gun. I thought to myself, I really need to have a firearm for my home, and directly on my person."

See link for full story......................................

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=181341
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 07-25-2010 at 01:54 PM.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Wow, good for her.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

We are so used to being asked, "Why the gun?", that we rarely ponder the true question of, "Why not?".

People ask to borrow my pocket knife, and my response is, "Where's your's?".

People ask, "Why carry a gun/at home?", and I think, "Why wouldn't I?"

To me they are just silly questions that the inquirer hasn't given much thought to.

"Why wouldn't you carry a gun at home?". You got kids? Then why wouldn't you carry a gun at home. You carry it to protect them when your away from home with them, why not at home?

You think you don't need to be prepared and watchful at home? Live in a gated community or bad neighborhood? Google "Dr. Petit."

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar
    Good for her! Another win for responsible gun owners
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

in the end, one of the attackers was dead and the second was hospitalized facing a murder rap

I love happy endings.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    Maybe we need a thread showing where armed citizens make a difference in crime. Here is one. see the link above.

Thats a good idea. One of the first things I read when the NRA magazine comes in each month, is the armed citizen page.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Thats a good idea. One of the first things I read when the NRA magazine comes in each month, is the armed citizen page.
    this is a good one too: http://www.examiner.com/x-18149-SelfDefense-Examiner

The listed websites are good but IMHO, this link is better and continually updated:

http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/

Oops... I see this website is being closed because of the link to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 07-27-2010 at 09:36 AM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by me812 View Post
    in the end, one of the attackers was dead and the second was hospitalized facing a murder rap

I love happy endings.
    Would be even happier if it had read "in the end, one of the attackers was dead and the second was stone dead!"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent1 View Post
    Would be even happier if it had read "in the end, one of the attackers was dead and the second was stone dead!"
    LOL. I'll do you one better: It's too bad she couldn't figure out a way to kill both of them twice.
    Last edited by me812; 07-27-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Rational Review news usually has 4 or 5 articles a day with regards to self defense.
    www.rationalreview.com/news

One of the best websites on the web... has daily updates on legislation AND has self-defense shootings listed with state abbreviations:

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/
    Last edited by DrTodd; 07-27-2010 at 10:44 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.