• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed citizen stops crimes

Bailenforcer

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=181341

Maybe we need a thread showing where armed citizens make a difference in crime. Here is one. see the link above.

FIGHTING BACK
Woman 2, thugs 0 after home invasion
Oklahoma break-in turns deadly when 'victim' pulls gun and fires
Posted: July 24, 2010
11:00 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

One gun isn't enough.

That was what Linda Smith (a pseudonym) was thinking after two thugs broke into her Oklahoma apartment. One was holding a weapon (she initially thought it was a knife but it turned out to be a screwdriver) at her throat, and the other was pacing back and forth while holding her purse and demanding her money and valuables. She screamed, and was told if she screamed again, she'd be dead.

She was doing as police recommend in robberies – comply with a robber's demands. But her Lady Smith & Wesson .38 special, which she carries by permit, was hidden in her purse – and the purse was being held by one of the attackers.

Then the situation, suddenly, got much, much worse: One of the robbers demanded that she take off her clothes.

"Come on, what are you waiting for," he told her as he started to yank on her sweatpants, trying to take them off.

Here's everything you need to know about firearms and ammunition

Smith pleaded for her safety and distracted the attackers by telling them she would get her money, which was "in my purse."

The robbers inexplicably allowed her to drop to her knees and crawl across the floor to her purse, which the second attacker had dropped.

She reached inside, and the first shot was clear of the muzzle and into the torso of one of the attackers before she even pulled the weapon clear of the purse. Four more shots followed shortly and, in the end, one of the attackers was dead and the second was hospitalized facing a murder rap for having participated in a felony in which someone died.

Smith, in an exclusive interview with WND, explained she comes from a family that believes in self-reliance and courage.

"I choose to carry a concealed firearm, because even though I am immensely grateful for the protection from our police departments, I realize they're not God, so they can't be everywhere at once.

"Deadly situations can happen in the blink of an eye," she said. "If you are not proactive … you are a vulnerable target."

Smith, an Endowment member of the National Rifle Association, said she's carried a gun for almost half a decade, but never dreamed she'd be in a situation where she'd have to use it to defend her life. But she's glad the training she's had over the years kicked in at a time when it saved her from injury, or possibly much worse.

"Ironically, I thought I was really prepared," she told WND. "I remember that night and saw my life flash before my eyes. Darreon Carter, the man who was attempting to rape me, had me pinned down to my couch, with a knife at my throat. I knew I didn't have access to my gun. I thought to myself, I really need to have a firearm for my home, and directly on my person."

See link for full story......................................

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=181341

Last edited:

ghostrider

We are so used to being asked, "Why the gun?", that we rarely ponder the true question of, "Why not?".

People ask to borrow my pocket knife, and my response is, "Where's your's?".

People ask, "Why carry a gun/at home?", and I think, "Why wouldn't I?"

To me they are just silly questions that the inquirer hasn't given much thought to.

"Why wouldn't you carry a gun at home?". You got kids? Then why wouldn't you carry a gun at home. You carry it to protect them when your away from home with them, why not at home?

You think you don't need to be prepared and watchful at home? Live in a gated community or bad neighborhood? Google "Dr. Petit."

Agent1

in the end, one of the attackers was dead and the second was hospitalized facing a murder rap

I love happy endings.

Would be even happier if it had read "in the end, one of the attackers was dead and the second was stone dead!"
:cool: