• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reno area OC meet-up??

jfrey123

I don't think anything is actively planned. I've got a wedding coming up in the near future that will make it hard for me to participate, but otherwise I'm down most weekends.

john-in-reno

If we do a trash pickup I probably wont be able to attend due to the nerve damage to my feet, Doc does not want me to be on my feet for more then 5 or 10 min at a time.

I was thinking more of a BBQ someplace or meet at a restaurant for lunch.

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
I can go either way. Trash or eat, or trash and eat! A shotgun or rifle makes for a good crutch in a pinch :)

Oh wait, if the date interferes with the "Jersey Shore" I might not be able to make it. My life is on hold until I find out what happens next with snookies, shnookiez or cookies, whatever her name is. Hahaha

Last edited:

chrsjhnsn

I vote bbq/pot luck picnic

I can go either way. Trash or eat, or trash and eat! A shotgun or rifle makes for a good crutch in a pinch :)

Oh wait, if the date interferes with the "Jersey Shore" I might not be able to make it. My life is on hold until I find out what happens next with snookies, shnookiez or cookies, whatever her name is. Hahaha

I think that park at Arlington st near the river - a picnic would be something I would like to attend

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I personally like the trash pickups the best, and I know that some of you can't make Saturdays. I'm thinking August 21 would be a good day for the next trash pickup, and have started a new thread for that.

If someone can find another place other than our usual place for trash pickups we could do an additional trash pickup on a day other than Saturday, but I think for a lot of people Saturday is still the best day.

If someone wants to organize a picnic that might be fun. I don't really want to go to any fancy expensive dining places because I don't want to spend a lot of money.

chrsjhnsn

yup!

I don't really want to go to any fancy expensive dining places because I don't want to spend a lot of money.

The obummer economy is sucking big time, that's why I figure hanging out for an informal picnic, late afternoon at Arlington/ behind java house where there would be a lot of ppl that would see open carry is both legal and nothing to be alarmed about.

chrsjhnsn

I would enjoy a picnic

& wouldn't enjoy picking up trash, why not simply have a low key picnic in a
place like the River park where a lot of folks would see people relaxing while armed?

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
I think a picnic would be good too. Nothing wrong with a nice relaxing environment created by some law abiding, open carrying citizens. I think a picnic also puts a different perspective in the minds of people who do not have the knowledge of what open carrying is, rather than a trash pick up. Although I like to volunteer and do good deeds, I personally want people to know that you can do normal daily activities while OPEN CARRYING and have a good time while doing it.

my 2 cents.

Last edited: