• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Friendly

KRM59

I just had a very possitive OC experiance at the local Dollar General Market.
I had never OC'ed there before and being fairly new to OC was a bit apprehensive
knowing they have LCO (Louisville corrections Officer ) as security. And i was not in the mood for 20 questions, was in a bit of a hurry. I went in and low and behold the manager was right at the door,coming from the office i guess. and yep he noticed right off sense i am right handed and carry on the left side, well he did ask me as i was passing if i had a CCDW. I kept it short and friendly and just said i am not CC not permit needed under the state constitution does he have a problem with me OC in the store sense it is not posted on the door? He said nope not at all but we might want to ask
the correction officer. and of course i said fine by me, well the officer was right there not 10 feet away. the manager asked if there was any problem with me OC, and he said not in the state of Kentucky, but he did ask me ( not demanded) but asked very politely that if a customer was concerned would i take it to the car. I replied sence you and the manager was asking me and not telling me if that comes up i would most likely
leave. the manager said well we don't want you to leave and i think it would not happen. we exchanged thank and i went on with my shopping.

KRM59

beleive it or not it is the factory poly holster that came in the case with it along with the cleaning kit, mag loader, and double mag holder. It just fits me so comfortably and leans forward ever so slightly, feel like i am wearing nothing. i am looking at a serpa poly. it all was a christmas gift from a close friend. He has an impressive arsonal and he notice i was eyeing a couple of his 45's...lol. and i guess he decided to get this for me before i begged him out of one of his 1911.

Last edited:

neuroblades

I just had a very possitive OC experiance at the local Dollar General Market.

Congrats there! :) I ALWAYS like to hear about positive OC situations. I'll have to trry cross draw sometime in the future, I've see it done but never really looked into it any firther. I've grown extremely comfortable OC & CC with my Galco Jackass shoulder rig.

KRM59

Getting more comfortable everyday

Was out all day and all around town, Barber shop, Dicks sporting goods, several Super Americas, and Shooters supply and everyone was a good experiance, didn't even notice a sideways look. Shooter supply has a posting that fire arms need to be in a safe mode( as in unloaded) when entering, but once i was in and looked the store over everyone working there was great. I picked out the Black Hawk Serpa. the counter worker asked me about my XD45 and we talked for a while, have to say its a great store. I knew better than to go to a Gun store ... lol there was an AR-15 that really caught my eye, been wanting one for a while..looks like overtime work for me lol. hey i do have a birthday coming up.