Thread: AC Moore Greenville--Interesting Expereince...

AC Moore Greenville--Interesting Expereince...

So I stopped by AC Moore (art supplies) yesterday afternoon to pick up some paper for a letterpress project I was gong to work on this weekend. I've got three BIG pads of over-sized paper, a couple rolls of double-sided tape, some pencils, and a new Exacto knife under my arm, and I walk up to the checkout.

I lay all my art supplies on the checkout counter, and as the girl is ringing me up, she says, when she's got one of the pads of paper in her hand, "How do you like that?".

I assumse she's talking about the paper, and I say "well, it's not for drawing on, I'm using it to pack the bed of my printing press"...

She looks puzzled, and then says, "Oh, not the paper, your holster. I mean how do you like your Serpa?"

Wow... Was I floored!

We talked about it for a few minutes while she rang me up. Turns out SHE has one, and carries pretty regularly. She asked if it wore the finish on my gun, and I said yes, a little. She had a Serpa Sportster, andI told her I had a CQC (which is more of a duty-grade design). I told her about OCDO, and handed her a card...

Now THAT is the sort of "retailer interaction story" we need a LOT more of, eh?...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

hehe, I bet that did catch you off guard. LOL Where does one get the file to print this card you spoke of? I have trifold pamphlets but have not seen anything on a card.

High Point, North Carolina, United States

Talking

Was she hot?

Quote Originally Posted by Preble View Post
    Was she hot?
    Damn, I'm too slow...

Oh well, I will repeat the question:

Was she hot?

And I call dibs cuz I'm closer, Preble!
    Last edited by elixin77; 07-26-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

You guys are all PIGS...

Not really "hot", but sort of cute in that "girl next door" way. To be honest, I wouldn't try anything with her--she had that "healthy German girl" build--like she could kick your ass if you got out of line....

And I think she said her boyfriend bought her the holster anyway. Which means HE probably carries too...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-26-2010 at 01:54 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

High Point, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    she had that "healthy German girl"
    Its all you elixin.

we are not pigs, we were just wanting to know if she was attractive. =D

Defiantly need more women around with this sense of mind. Not so much the whoop up on you part.

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Preble View Post
    Its all you elixin.
    hmm... I'll have to check my hobby supply stock and maybe find an excuse to run over there sometime. My curiosity has piqued.

Even if she does have a significant other, its nice to know that a few members of the opposite sex are carrying
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter