• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Governors race.

who do you support for Ca Governor

• Jerry Brown

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Meg Whitman

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Chelene Nightingale

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Other

• I will help pro gun candidates with time

• I will help pro gun candidates with money

• I will attend events

• I have skills to help campaigns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have media access.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I won't get involved.

• Total voters

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I'm pretty disgusted with the choices. There isnt a candidate that I feel comfortable throwing my support behind and I dont know who I will vote for at present. Upon first glance, Ogden appeared to share many of my views, but I do not approve of his stand on open borders. I suppose I will write in another AIP candidate.

AyatollahGondola

I'm pretty disgusted with the choices. There isnt a candidate that I feel comfortable throwing my support behind and I dont know who I will vote for at present. Upon first glance, Ogden appeared to share many of my views, but I do not approve of his stand on open borders. I suppose I will write in another AIP candidate.

I don't remember exactly, but during the primary I think it was mendocino that had around a 35 per cent write in on the AIP ticket. Alameda or contra costa was a close second at 32 percent. When I asked both counties to know the names of the write ins on those ballots. Both said they don't track write ins who are not authentic pre-qualified candidates

AyatollahGondola

Saturday, June 12, 2010 8:36 AM >>>
Hello,I am interested in obtaining some results of the 2010 gubernatorial election that are not posted on the website. Specifically, the AIP party shows a bigger percentage of write-in candidates than either certified candidate. I am wondering if the names of the write in candidate(s) in this race can be released for research purposes.Davi RodriguesPublic Document DistributorsPO Box 160965Sacramento, CA 05816

Hi Davi
Unfortunately, we only track and publish certified write-in candidates.

Thank you
Katrina

Katrina Bartolomie
Assistant Registrar of Voters
Mendocino County
Clerk Recorder/Elections

From: Davi Rodrigues [Davi@PublicDocumentDistributors.com]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 6:58 PM
To: Macdonald, Dave, ITD
Subject: Re: Write in candidate results

Is there any way to obtain the results. Once again, the number of write-in for that particular race seems rather out of line with other races. I believe it was 40%, which I've never seen before. I was trying to find out what was the driving factor

I think your numbers are a little off. The AIP write ins for Governor is around 28%. Just as a credibility check I looked at Contra Costa totals. The write ins for the same race are over 26%. I don't know what other counties experienced but it should be easy to look at their web sites to see if they had the same experience. What you are asking for is not impossible but it will take quite a bit of staff time. If you wait until after the results are certified we may be able to look at some ballots and see if there are any patterns.

Dave Macdonald

Last edited: