• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry of Missouri's Starbucks, salute video

stlcityguy

Great job!

Great to see open carry here in the area. I'm new to the forum and would like to know when you plan on doing this next as I'd be happy to show up and grab a coffee with you.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
He was wearing it. I'm not sure it's exactly "private" .

Well let me make it a lot more clear, I never asked him if it was ok to disclose any information about himself and since I don't have it, I kinda live by the rule of what I talk about with another person is mine and their business only. That pretty much makes it impossible for me to say anything beyond he is a good guy with an attitude that suits me.

His name, his profession, his political views, his religion, his sexual orientation, absolutely anything of a personal nature are none of anyone's business unless HE chooses to share, I never grant myself permission to release such information about ANYONE I learn such things about.

If he wants to tell you, or announce what it is, that is his option, not mine, until he does so, I consider it 100% private, the end. I do the same for any and all I meet or talk to outside the public forum, what they choose to put here is their choice, not mine to make.

Festus_Hagen

Well let me make it a lot more clear, I never asked him if it was ok to disclose any information about himself and since I don't have it, I kinda live by the rule of what I talk about with another person is mine and their business only. That pretty much makes it impossible for me to say anything beyond he is a good guy with an attitude that suits me.

His name, his profession, his political views, his religion, his sexual orientation, absolutely anything of a personal nature are none of anyone's business unless HE chooses to share, I never grant myself permission to release such information about ANYONE I learn such things about.

If he wants to tell you, or announce what it is, that is his option, not mine, until he does so, I consider it 100% private, the end. I do the same for any and all I meet or talk to outside the public forum, what they choose to put here is their choice, not mine to make.
I understand and respect your position. :)

I'm saying HE didn't exactly make it a secret by getting his pic taken with a badge on. One can see why maybe people would look the other way, though, thinking it's a bunch of cops because a guy IS wearing a badge. What kind of badge people can only assume.

DollarBill

Thanks for the heads up I didn't even realize it was there. Let alone that as of yet it hadn't received a bashing from any anti-OC people. What a pleasant surprise.

Doc

The link was in one of the posts someone had put up. I followed the link and eventually found my way here.

I read the topic about carrying in Walmart in Raytown and from the responses knew I was in a good place.

$Bill

YuppieDog

Let alone that as of yet it hadn't received a bashing from any anti-OC people. What a pleasant surprise. Doc

I really don't think they are anti-OC, I think they are just happy to be able to CCW. Not everybody wants others to know that they carry a firearm. You refer to it as them hiding their firearm - they refer to it as keeping their carry business "private".

Why bash them ? I know there are a couple of them that are knuckleheads and said "this" or "that", but why get down to their level ?

sohighlyunlikely

I really don't think they are anti-OC, I think they are just happy to be able to CCW. Not everybody wants others to know that they carry a firearm. You refer to it as them hiding their firearm - they refer to it as keeping their carry business "private".

Why bash them ? I know there are a couple of them that are knuckleheads and said "this" or "that", but why get down to their level ?

If you think my opinion is unfounded. Then I suggest you go to mocarry and type in "open carry" into the search engine there. You will find several upon several comments that are anti-OC. Some have even came over to this Board from there. To continue their anti-OC campaign.
I have no trouble calling a spade "a spade". You may wish to make peace with people who do not want the words of the Constitution to ring true. But I will not.

Doc

zekester

Oh Hell...I will get crap for this again....but

If you think my opinion is unfounded. Then I suggest you go to mocarry and type in "open carry" into the search engine there. You will find several upon several comments that are anti-OC. Some have even came over to this Board from there. To continue their anti-OC campaign.
I have no trouble calling a spade "a spade". You may wish to make peace with people who do not want the words of the Constitution to ring true. But I will not.

Doc

This is exactly why we need to do OUR own thing...

Why is it that we have to conform to "other" sites...Or "other" Organizations....?

Are we here for a reason?....Or are we here to sit back and let others decide what is right for us?

Maybe some of you do not want to get involved, maybe some of you are like DOC said in the video, just to see what happens, myself it is time to do something....

Yes they have sites in Jeff City, or even KC.....and Doc...this is not a knock on you, you have done a fantastic job, without you OC would not even be here in the St Louis area, but the BS is over...we either do this or we don't.

St Louis is one of the largest metro areas in the USA...and we have what?.....Maybe 10 people show up?.....

Do not get me wrong, I am guilty as the rest...but it will happen in only one way. A concerted effort to make it happen.

I am under no illusions, Missouri needs a "exemption" or "constitustional carry" law. Please tell me how this can happen.

We can send emails to our hearts content, but unless we talk to legislators, this will not happen. Unless we elect PRO2A people, this will not hapen. Unless we make an effort to be a trully organized group in the St Louis area, as I have said before, we are nothing but alot of John Wayne want to be's.

We either do this or we don't..

Suggestions requested and encouraged.

Dang good thing I will be on vacation so I won't see the responses for over a week!!!!LOL

All that said, please leave you comments on the video....Thanks DOC

Z

Last edited:

YuppieDog

Doc

We keep and bear arms - They keep and bear arms. How is that not wanting the words of the constitition to ring true ?

Just because they don't want to openly carry their pistol, they must be wrong ?

Carefull on that high horse - you might get a nose bleed.

sohighlyunlikely

Shall not be infringed

We keep and bear arms - They keep and bear arms. How is that not wanting the words of the Constitution to ring true ?

Just because they don't want to openly carry their pistol, they must be wrong ?

Carefull on that high horse - you might get a nose bleed.

If they have acquired a license to carry a hidden gun and that is how they wish to carry. Good for them, I could care less. But the issue is many have belittled anyone for OC and speak in a manner that demands that concealed carry is the only way to carry. That Sir is wishing to infringe on my right to carry. If you are going to argue this point you really should do the research, or I am going to believe that you are just arguing a point for the sake of arguing.

Doc

Festus_Hagen

If they have acquired a license to carry a hidden gun and that is how they wish to carry. Good for them, I could care less. But the issue is many have belittled anyone for OC and speak in a manner that demands that concealed carry is the only way to carry. That Sir is wishing to infringe on my right to carry.
Doc
And MANY have the attitude that "we don't give a **** HOW YOU carry, WE just want to be able to carry. You can carry in your shoe or hang it from the brim of your hat if you want to. I don't care one way or the other, and I have a CCW.

I agree with Yuppiedog. If you are gonna fight the CCW crowd as well as the anti's, your ******* up a rope. I have heard you many times talking down about CCW holders "belittling" you, yet you complain about them in the same manner.

I applaud your efforts to a certian degree, but you need to get over the ME syndrome. This is bigger than just you, and until you realize that, you are gonna be fighting with people who can actually HELP you. Not ALL CCW holders are anti OC, myself included, so stop with the stereotyping and bashing please.

Stuff like this is one reason the CCW holders are winning their cause. They (we) are organized, active, and for the most part open minded and pro 2A. I don't burn my bridges . You shouldn't either.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just my 2 cents worth.

We gain nothing by adding fuel to the fire.

Hope everybody will give it a rest.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yes they have sites in Jeff City, or even KC.....and Doc...this is not a knock on you, you have done a fantastic job, without you OC would not even be here in the St Louis area, but the BS is over...we either do this or we don't.

St Louis is one of the largest metro areas in the USA...and we have what?.....Maybe 10 people show up?.....

Please tell me how this can happen.

Suggestions requested and encouraged.

Dang good thing I will be on vacation so I won't see the responses for over a week!!!!LOL

1. Well lets take a look at that, hmmmm there is one, you were invited to join it three times, you have yet to accept the invitation.

2 Yep 10 folks show up, supporting an idea and actually participating in the activity are 100% separate issues. Doing the events only on Saturdays pretty much rules a lot of folks out, they have other stuff to do besides drink coffee and shoot the breeze, though it is nice.

3 you have been told three times how it can happen, all three times you failed to participate at any level yourself.

I kinda think folks just like sitting around complaining that nothing is getting done myself, especially when they are doing nothing while complaining.

YuppieDog

That Sir is wishing to infringe on my right to carry. Doc

How is someone saying anything infringing your rights. (Unless they are a LEO) Don't we ALL have a 1st Amendment right ? They can say anthing they want, just like you. Remember Sticks and Stones ?

If you are going to argue this point you really should do the research, or I am going to believe that you are just arguing a point for the sake of arguing.
Isn't that you belittling me ? Infringing on my 1st Amendment rights?

Don't jump down my throat - because I won't agree with you.

We can settle this at Mike's Range next Saturday. Best shot wins.

Last edited: