• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The GSL Magnets get noticed

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Today is business in the burbs day.
I had to go to the bank and pay my storage bill so I thought I'd take the Whizzer.

The Whizzer doesn't have a license plate although it does have a bracket (Which I like to cover up) and I have one of Ed's large GSL magnets on it.

I was waiting at a light and heard someone yell "Peter...er Don"...I looked around and it was our own Infidel. He'd seen the magnet and wanted to find out who was riding a Whizzer with one.

This is also the first day I'd used the secure container law too. I had to go in BBT.

wylde007

Umm, What?

You stored your sidearm (and you tend to carry quite a hogleg, do you not?) in exactly what "secured" compartment on said Whizzer? :eek:

Or was this during a different excursion?

:p

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I had a Ruger Super Blackhawk today.
The secured container is the rack pack on the rear. I wasn't ever far enough that I couldn't see it, even in the bank.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
+1 for me! Yay!Just curious...

Was the Whizzer "secured" in any way while you were inside? Kryptonite lock, etc?

Cabled to a light pole at the bank. The storage area is fenced in so I didn't bother there.

Infidel

Today is business in the burbs day.
I had to go to the bank and pay my storage bill so I thought I'd take the Whizzer.

The Whizzer doesn't have a license plate although it does have a bracket (Which I like to cover up) and I have one of Ed's large GSL magnets on it.

I was waiting at a light and heard someone yell "Peter...er Don"...I looked around and it was our own Infidel. He'd seen the magnet and wanted to find out who was riding a Whizzer with one.

This is also the first day I'd used the secure container law too. I had to go in BBT.

Yes Don I did want to see who tooling around, and to my amazment my son also remembered you (to some extent). He knew you where one of the OC Breakfast Club gang.

nova

my young self had to look up just what a whizzer was. :lol::p

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Were you afraid that someone was going to take a whizzer? :)

Darn right!:cuss:

I'm still hot over the two ATV's that got stolen.
Speaking of which, it's taken 4 years but I think I have a line on who took them. I may just buy a new ax handle for that.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yes Don I did want to see who tooling around, and to my amazment my son also remembered you (to some extent). He knew you where one of the OC Breakfast Club gang.

I was hoping you were going to pull over and talk, but I was testing the new video glasses which work very well on it.....anyway, I started chasing the Fire Marshall's car.

nova
my young self had to look up just what a whizzer was. :lol::p

It's a motorbike from the 40's. It's basically a Schwinn bike with a 154cc engine. I have 2 of them.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
whizzer.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was hoping you were going to pull over and talk, but I was testing the new video glasses which work very well on it.....anyway, I started chasing the Fire Marshall's car.

I was headed to the dump, and I lost sight of you on the Whizzer. What's it's top speed?....like 15 MPH

They are only allowed to go 35. They have a restrictor plate in the carb. something must have broken in mine because it goes 50 (Of course I'd never do it). I plan to get it fixed soon:uhoh:

Because of the belt driven clutch, it is a little slow getting up to speed and in that spot where you saw me, I poke along anyway. I got pulled there once and it took a while to convince the deputy that it would only go 35 and he needed to go back to radar school and learn to work the thing before he pulled anymore elderly people just saving some gas.:cuss:

Last edited: