Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Johnson is NOT Dave Westlake

Ron Johnson is NOT Dave Westlake

If we value the 2nd Amendment and our right to open carry, this is a most read.

Ron Johnson is NOT Dave Westlake

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Fine. Vote for Westlake in the primary but no matter who wins the Republican primary DO NOT VOTE FOR FEINGOLD in November.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Fine. Vote for Westlake in the primary but no matter who wins the Republican primary DO NOT VOTE FOR FEINGOLD in November.
    I could not agree more Paul. Feingold must go. Period. He and Herb Kohl just voted yes to confirm Kagan.
    Last edited by hardballer; 07-26-2010 at 06:04 PM.

I don't need to be sold on Dave Westlake, I think he is the right man for the job. However like it was said before, I WILL NOT be voting for Russ only who is running against him. Even though I think Westlake is the better between him and Johnson, either is much better than Feingold.
    Former Corporal of Marines.

As much as I appreciate this post, and believe me I do, the more I learn about the canidates, I am left with one common feeling about all of them, their all Republicrates. It is truly sad when in this country we have to decide which rights are important to us and which rights we are willing to give up. To many people and to many lawmakers are governed by fear and not freedom. We let our likes, dislikes, religous beliefs, life experiences, etc. govern us. The idea of life, liberty and the pursuit of happieness applies to all, even if someone is doing something we don't like or approve of. If we are going to embrace freedom in this country then we have to be willing to give it to someone else, even if we don't like what they do with it. The more freedom we give to others, the more freedom we recieve ourselves. It is a shame that we don't have a freedom loving libertarian who has a chance at winning.
    Last edited by johnny amish; 07-27-2010 at 12:53 PM.

I wrote to Ron Johnson's campaign yesterday asking for clarification on his stance on the 2nd Amendment. In my question, I made it clear that I was not asking from a hunting perspective, rather about our Constitutional and human right to protect ourselves against bad guys.

I received the following timely reply. Click the link. It's informative, and in my opinion, positive. Of course we can split hairs about certain wording, but the good news is Johnson clearly believes in our fundamental right to carry guns and protect ourselves.

As far as your questions about Ronís 2nd Amendment views, here are some points that may help you understand where we are coming from.

Ron will be a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He will oppose any new restrictions on law abiding gun owners, and has offered his support for conceal carry legislation in Wisconsin.

Ronís opponent, Russ Feingold, has supported Supreme Court nominees that do not respect individual gun rights. Here you can see a release with Ronís comments: Click Here.

As our U.S. Senator, Ron will fight to ensure that Supreme Court nominees fully respect the power of the 2nd Amendment.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    It is a shame that we don't have a freedom loving libertarian who has a chance at winning.
    + 1

Reading that link made me more aware how yet again we have to pick which freedoms we value when voting for candidates.

One thing can be certain. Feingold has to go.... But its a damn shame that with today's pro-freedom sentiment growing, Wisconsin still can't field either a libertarian or a republican that espouses libertarian principles.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Reading your post again Johnny Amish, I have to adjust my previous quote:

he more I learn about the canidates, I am left with one common feeling about all of them, their all Republicrates. It is truly sad when in this country we have to decide which rights are important to us and which rights we are willing to give up. To many people and to many lawmakers are governed by fear and not freedom. We let our likes, dislikes, religous beliefs, life experiences, etc. govern us. The idea of life, liberty and the pursuit of happieness applies to all, even if someone is doing something we don't like or approve of. If we are going to embrace freedom in this country then we have to be willing to give it to someone else, even if we don't like what they do with it. The more freedom we give to others, the more freedom we recieve ourselves. It is a shame that we don't have a freedom loving libertarian who has a chance at winning.
    +1
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Johnson has the financial clout, Westlake would be the better canidate.

I think it is unilateraly agreed that Fiengold needs to be fired, along with Kohl.

YUP!

I offered this posting because a small part of me believes that who we elect may actually be able to do something positive. I have serious doubts.

I really feel the same way Johnny Amish feels. They are all the same. Worse, what happens when you toss a white towel into a bin of coal? Put these guys into the grinder and they will be left with few options. The will have to make tough, hard, un-popular decisions. Many will not get re-elected.

I think that in the end, those we elect now will; if they are good men and women, try there very best to hold there heads up but in the end, be buried by an avalanche of financial & political destruction never before seen. They will inherit a disaster of biblical proportions from which there is no escape. I further believe that; for the most part, they are; in the end, all the same.

The system we have now is corrupt. Lobbyists, no term limits, back door deals, presidential thank yous, etc. I, personally do not have any hope that this November nor the one in 2012 will bring relief.

There is no fix for what is broke but a long and painful depression and perhaps much worse.
    Last edited by hardballer; 07-27-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: clarity

Senate Race

I am networking very hard for Dave Westlake. Big problem is that the best man or woman does not usually win these elections.

MONEY does and that is sad but i agree Findgold and Baldwin BOTH need to go we need some forward thinking elected represenative in DC NOW ! ! ! These aftformentioned officials are wolves in sheeps clothing so i hope some how some way Dave wins this!

I too am working hard to get Dave Westlake elected. If you can actually get a chance to talk to Dave, you will see that he is not a politician. Dave is like one of us. Johnson is a puppet for the republican party. He is also not a republican, he is a liberal in republican clothes. He says whatever needs to be said to the people he talks too. Dave is the same person no matter who he is talking to. He believes that if it is not in the constitution, government should not be doing it! He also believes in constitutional carry!

Westlake truly and honestly supports our constitutionally backed gun rights. Vote for him in the primary's and the November elections if you want someone who thinks and feels like most of us do.
    Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

There is no fix for what is broke but a long and painful depression and perhaps much

Yes, a fix is possible, but only after the many sheep wake up & grab their muskets ( I mean AR-15's ) If they own one... from over the fire place. I won't hold my breath on this event taking place for along time, maybe 4 - 5 years down the road, I wish our founding fathers were alive today, they would be working out plans.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

yup

+1 Million

Quote Originally Posted by goforlow View Post
    I too am working hard to get Dave Westlake elected. If you can actually get a chance to talk to Dave, you will see that he is not a politician. Dave is like one of us. Johnson is a puppet for the republican party. He is also not a republican, he is a liberal in republican clothes. He says whatever needs to be said to the people he talks too. Dave is the same person no matter who he is talking to. He believes that if it is not in the constitution, government should not be doing it! He also believes in constitutional carry!

Westlake truly and honestly supports our constitutionally backed gun rights. Vote for him in the primary's and the November elections if you want someone who thinks and feels like most of us do.
    You got this perfect! Dave is a MAN of integrity and honesty. The other ones are wishy washy.... I sure hope Dave wins this. Think about johnson.. announces his running then the rep party endorses him after TWO WEEKS! something WRONG there tell EVERYONE you can Dave is the MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grinner View Post
    I wrote to Ron Johnson's campaign yesterday asking for clarification on his stance on the 2nd Amendment. In my question, I made it clear that I was not asking from a hunting perspective, rather about our Constitutional and human right to protect ourselves against bad guys.

I received the following timely reply. Click the link. It's informative, and in my opinion, positive. Of course we can split hairs about certain wording, but the good news is Johnson clearly believes in our fundamental right to carry guns and protect ourselves.

As far as your questions about Ron’s 2nd Amendment views, here are some points that may help you understand where we are coming from.

Ron will be a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He will oppose any new restrictions on law abiding gun owners, and has offered his support for conceal carry legislation in Wisconsin.

Ron’s opponent, Russ Feingold, has supported Supreme Court nominees that do not respect individual gun rights. Here you can see a release with Ron’s comments: Click Here.

As our U.S. Senator, Ron will fight to ensure that Supreme Court nominees fully respect the power of the 2nd Amendment.
    grinner;
    What you got from the Johnson campaign was not Ron's beliefs it was the talking points from the Wisc. and National GOP puppeteers pulling his strings.
    Listen to this interview of Dave Westlake on Sly in the Morning a liberal talk show host in Madison. http://www.archive.org/details/DaveWestlake-Guns

I have personally talked to both Ron and Dave; Ron is clueless. The comment in the vetting session by the Rock River Patriots “I don’t own a baseball cap” in conjunction with the comment that he doesn’t own a gun makes me wonder if he thinks all gun owners are the stereotypical redneck backwoods hillbillies. That will be my next question to Ron if he comes to this side of the state again, other that for small controlled orchestrated meetings that are by invitation only.
    Ron is arrogant and impersonal. Check it out for yourself, when he does make a public appearance, he makes his stump speech, written by his handlers, and then usually leaves. If he does take questions they are few and selected. In a one on one, he has turned his back to me and walked away when he didn’t have an answer.
    I clicked the link as you suggested; I saw no statement from Ron. As I stated before; it was a statement from one of his minions.
    My wife and I have spent the last 12-18 months at countless town hall meeting and Lincoln Day Dinners asking all the prospective candidates questions face to face; there are very few that truly understand the Constitution and specifically the 2nd Amendment like Dave Westlake does.
    But don’t take my word for it; check him out yourself. http://www.davewestlake.org/
    Last edited by Fireball357; 07-28-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    If you fail to:
    Know your rights;
    Exercise your Liberty;
    and Teach Freedom;
    You are sure to lose it all.

Carry on; Carry Always

WCI Founders Club Member
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Wisconsin Right to Life recently endorsed Ron Johnson, citing that he is the candidate who can best defeat Feingold, rather than stating that he is the candidate that best matches their organizations views - because he clearly doesnít. Johnson allows exceptions (rape, incest, life of the mother in danger) while Westlake has advocated that he is 100% pro-life with no exceptions. Allowing exceptions calls into question the reason why we donít allow abortions in the first place. Westlakeís views on abortion are much more on par with conservative values.
    So its the governments role to decide if you can abort to save a mothers life? That's Westlake's position???

That's freedom?

I question ANY politician who claims to support freedom for guns when they don't support all freedom.

Freedom is a pretty simple concept. You either get it or you don't. Some people happen upon a freedom-based stance when it conforms to their PERSONAL view and some people stand for a freedom-based stance EVEN when it doesn't conform to their personal view. The latter is a person of principle, the former, a person of prejudice.

I fully support people living their life based upon their personal views. "Freedom" allows you to do so. I don't support people imposing their personal views (even if they match mine) on other people using government as the tool. If a person is willing to compromise freedom on a couple issues, they can't be trusted to protect freedom on any issue especially guns.

Once again, without a libertarian in the race, we are left with 2 candidates who force us to choose which freedoms we are going to embrace.

If we want liberals to embrace the rights we hold dear, we must take an honest look at the rights they hold dear and recognize that just because we believe with all our heart something is "wrong" doesn't mean its the governments job to regulate. Something can be "wrong" but not illegal.

Its morally wrong to lie. Its morally wrong to cheat on your wife. Does anyone here want the government to begin to enforce those morals?

Despite our personal beliefs, if we REALLY want to expand freedom, we must stop focusing legislation on what is good or bad, but rather protecting individual rights and solely on what the governments role in protecting individual rights should be.

McX
    not much i can add here, except politicians are exactly what the name implies. for me; i am not Bender, though my aviatar indicates so. you can call me; snake..........snake pliskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    So its the governments role to decide if you can abort to save a mothers life? That's Westlake's position???
    Please, let's keep this on topic of guns. There are two sides to the abortion debate and assuming that the unborn child's rights are either non existent or subservient to the mothers is ridiculous.

I personally believe that the mother and the doctor who perform abortions for any reason need to be charged with 1st degree intentional homicide.

As I said. We really don't want to go there on this forum.

If a person is willing to compromise freedom on a couple issues, they can't be trusted to protect freedom on any issue especially guns.

If a person is willing to compromise freedom on a couple issues, they can't be trusted to protect freedom on any issue especially guns.
    I saw that the 1st time you posted and I responded. Whose freedom? The mother or the baby?

That's freedom?

I question ANY politician who claims to support freedom for guns when they don't support all freedom.

Freedom is a pretty simple concept. You either get it or you don't. Some people happen upon a freedom-based stance when it conforms to their PERSONAL view and some people stand for a freedom-based stance EVEN when it doesn't conform to their personal view. The latter is a person of principle, the former, a person of prejudice.

I fully support people living their life based upon their personal views. "Freedom" allows you to do so. I don't support people imposing their personal views (even if they match mine) on other people using government as the tool. If a person is willing to compromise freedom on a couple issues, they can't be trusted to protect freedom on any issue especially guns.

Once again, without a libertarian in the race, we are left with 2 candidates who force us to choose which freedoms we are going to embrace.

If we want liberals to embrace the rights we hold dear, we must take an honest look at the rights they hold dear and recognize that just because we believe with all our heart something is "wrong" doesn't mean its the governments job to regulate. Something can be "wrong" but not illegal.

Its morally wrong to lie. Its morally wrong to cheat on your wife. Does anyone here want the government to begin to enforce those morals?

Despite our personal beliefs, if we REALLY want to expand freedom, we must stop focusing legislation on what is good or bad, but rather protecting individual rights and solely on what the governments role in protecting individual rights should be.
    +1000000000000

Dave Westlake knows, understands and lives by the Constitution. He will uphold it because he swore to uphold it and to defend the United States. Dave is Pro-life and that is in line with the Constitution and with other writings of the Founding Fathers.

It states in the Declaration of Independence "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness." So according to this, the Founding Fathers referred to God as the Creator, not the Birther. At the time of creation, not at the time of birth, all people are endowed with unalienable rights. That means the right to life cannot be taken away from a person at the time they were created.

The US Constitution says " ... and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity,..." this means to all descendents of a person, not some - all.

Dave's Pro-life stance is inline with the Constitution just as his Pro-2nd Amendment stance is inline with the Constitution. Dave is solid on the 2nd Amendment. Dave does stand for Freedom, because he does believe in the Constitution and he will govern by it.

But here is Ron Johnson's take on the Constitution. I talked to him on June 15, 2010.
    Ron Johnson was asked by a friend of mine how he felt about the 2nd Amendment. He said he didnít own a gun, he was a fisherman, but that he supported the 2nd Amendment and he has a friend that performs training for conceal carry. Just like we license cars - with licensing, permitting and training in the use of guns - conceal carry should be allowed because it works. I asked him where in the constitution did it support the idea that Americans needed to obtain a license and permit to own a firearm. He said I understand what you are saying and we disagree. He continued and said that a 95% friend is still a friend. I said I disagree with that. He said ďI need to talk to these other peopleĒ and turned his back to my friend and me. Where is the freedom in Ron's answer?

I have talked several times with both men. Dave Westlake is the solid candidate on ALL freedoms provided to us by the Constitution. Dave Westlake has defended us and will govern for the people. I, too, volunteer for Dave Westlake, because Dave Westlake is the right man to take out Russ Feingold. www.davewestlake.com

Quote Originally Posted by sassie lassie View Post
    Dave Westlake knows, understands and lives by the Constitution. He will uphold it because he swore to uphold it and to defend the United States. Dave is Pro-life and that is in line with the Constitution and with other writings of the Founding Fathers.

I, too, volunteer for Dave Westlake, because Dave Westlake is the right man to take out Russ Feingold. www.davewestlake.com
    Dave Westlake is an honorable man. Ron Johnson turns his back on you. Believes we need a license to carry. Believe me when I say it is utter foolishness to vote for the man with more money and a slippery attitude with tough questions.

A vote for a guy who clearly wants to be elected to an office instead of serving the people is a wasted vote.

+1000000

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Dave Westlake is an honorable man. Ron Johnson turns his back on you. Believes we need a license to carry. Believe me when I say it is utter foolishness to vote for the man with more money and a slippery attitude with tough questions.

A vote for a guy who clearly wants to be elected to an office instead of serving the people is a wasted vote.
    no matter what i am voting for Dave Westlake. Even if i have to write him in. then i can blame the sheep of Wisconsin for not hiring the right man for the job.

i did email johnson and if (I doubt it) I get a response i will post it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast