• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Johnson is NOT Dave Westlake

Gordo

I don't need to be sold on Dave Westlake, I think he is the right man for the job. However like it was said before, I WILL NOT be voting for Russ only who is running against him. Even though I think Westlake is the better between him and Johnson, either is much better than Feingold.

johnny amish

As much as I appreciate this post, and believe me I do, the more I learn about the canidates, I am left with one common feeling about all of them, their all Republicrates. It is truly sad when in this country we have to decide which rights are important to us and which rights we are willing to give up. To many people and to many lawmakers are governed by fear and not freedom. We let our likes, dislikes, religous beliefs, life experiences, etc. govern us. The idea of life, liberty and the pursuit of happieness applies to all, even if someone is doing something we don't like or approve of. If we are going to embrace freedom in this country then we have to be willing to give it to someone else, even if we don't like what they do with it. The more freedom we give to others, the more freedom we recieve ourselves. It is a shame that we don't have a freedom loving libertarian who has a chance at winning.

Last edited:

grinner

I wrote to Ron Johnson's campaign yesterday asking for clarification on his stance on the 2nd Amendment. In my question, I made it clear that I was not asking from a hunting perspective, rather about our Constitutional and human right to protect ourselves against bad guys.

I received the following timely reply. Click the link. It's informative, and in my opinion, positive. Of course we can split hairs about certain wording, but the good news is Johnson clearly believes in our fundamental right to carry guns and protect ourselves.

As far as your questions about Ron’s 2nd Amendment views, here are some points that may help you understand where we are coming from.

Ron will be a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He will oppose any new restrictions on law abiding gun owners, and has offered his support for conceal carry legislation in Wisconsin.

Ron’s opponent, Russ Feingold, has supported Supreme Court nominees that do not respect individual gun rights. Here you can see a release with Ron’s comments: Click Here.

As our U.S. Senator, Ron will fight to ensure that Supreme Court nominees fully respect the power of the 2nd Amendment.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
It is a shame that we don't have a freedom loving libertarian who has a chance at winning.

+ 1

Reading that link made me more aware how yet again we have to pick which freedoms we value when voting for candidates.

One thing can be certain. Feingold has to go.... But its a damn shame that with today's pro-freedom sentiment growing, Wisconsin still can't field either a libertarian or a republican that espouses libertarian principles.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Reading your post again Johnny Amish, I have to adjust my previous quote:

he more I learn about the canidates, I am left with one common feeling about all of them, their all Republicrates. It is truly sad when in this country we have to decide which rights are important to us and which rights we are willing to give up. To many people and to many lawmakers are governed by fear and not freedom. We let our likes, dislikes, religous beliefs, life experiences, etc. govern us. The idea of life, liberty and the pursuit of happieness applies to all, even if someone is doing something we don't like or approve of. If we are going to embrace freedom in this country then we have to be willing to give it to someone else, even if we don't like what they do with it. The more freedom we give to others, the more freedom we recieve ourselves. It is a shame that we don't have a freedom loving libertarian who has a chance at winning.

+1

bigdaddy1

Johnson has the financial clout, Westlake would be the better canidate.

I think it is unilateraly agreed that Fiengold needs to be fired, along with Kohl.

hardballer

YUP!

I offered this posting because a small part of me believes that who we elect may actually be able to do something positive. I have serious doubts.

I really feel the same way Johnny Amish feels. They are all the same. Worse, what happens when you toss a white towel into a bin of coal? Put these guys into the grinder and they will be left with few options. The will have to make tough, hard, un-popular decisions. Many will not get re-elected.

I think that in the end, those we elect now will; if they are good men and women, try there very best to hold there heads up but in the end, be buried by an avalanche of financial & political destruction never before seen. They will inherit a disaster of biblical proportions from which there is no escape. I further believe that; for the most part, they are; in the end, all the same.

The system we have now is corrupt. Lobbyists, no term limits, back door deals, presidential thank yous, etc. I, personally do not have any hope that this November nor the one in 2012 will bring relief.

There is no fix for what is broke but a long and painful depression and perhaps much worse.

Last edited:

BerettaFS92Custom

Senate Race

I am networking very hard for Dave Westlake. Big problem is that the best man or woman does not usually win these elections.

MONEY does and that is sad but i agree Findgold and Baldwin BOTH need to go we need some forward thinking elected represenative in DC NOW ! ! ! These aftformentioned officials are wolves in sheeps clothing so i hope some how some way Dave wins this!

goforlow

I too am working hard to get Dave Westlake elected. If you can actually get a chance to talk to Dave, you will see that he is not a politician. Dave is like one of us. Johnson is a puppet for the republican party. He is also not a republican, he is a liberal in republican clothes. He says whatever needs to be said to the people he talks too. Dave is the same person no matter who he is talking to. He believes that if it is not in the constitution, government should not be doing it! He also believes in constitutional carry!

Westlake truly and honestly supports our constitutionally backed gun rights. Vote for him in the primary's and the November elections if you want someone who thinks and feels like most of us do.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
There is no fix for what is broke but a long and painful depression and perhaps much

Yes, a fix is possible, but only after the many sheep wake up & grab their muskets ( I mean AR-15's ) If they own one... from over the fire place. I won't hold my breath on this event taking place for along time, maybe 4 - 5 years down the road, I wish our founding fathers were alive today, they would be working out plans.

BerettaFS92Custom

+1 Million

I too am working hard to get Dave Westlake elected. If you can actually get a chance to talk to Dave, you will see that he is not a politician. Dave is like one of us. Johnson is a puppet for the republican party. He is also not a republican, he is a liberal in republican clothes. He says whatever needs to be said to the people he talks too. Dave is the same person no matter who he is talking to. He believes that if it is not in the constitution, government should not be doing it! He also believes in constitutional carry!

Westlake truly and honestly supports our constitutionally backed gun rights. Vote for him in the primary's and the November elections if you want someone who thinks and feels like most of us do.

You got this perfect! Dave is a MAN of integrity and honesty. The other ones are wishy washy.... I sure hope Dave wins this. Think about johnson.. announces his running then the rep party endorses him after TWO WEEKS! something WRONG there tell EVERYONE you can Dave is the MAN!!!

Fireball357

I wrote to Ron Johnson's campaign yesterday asking for clarification on his stance on the 2nd Amendment. In my question, I made it clear that I was not asking from a hunting perspective, rather about our Constitutional and human right to protect ourselves against bad guys.

I received the following timely reply. Click the link. It's informative, and in my opinion, positive. Of course we can split hairs about certain wording, but the good news is Johnson clearly believes in our fundamental right to carry guns and protect ourselves.

As far as your questions about Ron’s 2nd Amendment views, here are some points that may help you understand where we are coming from.

Ron will be a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment. He will oppose any new restrictions on law abiding gun owners, and has offered his support for conceal carry legislation in Wisconsin.

Ron’s opponent, Russ Feingold, has supported Supreme Court nominees that do not respect individual gun rights. Here you can see a release with Ron’s comments: Click Here.

As our U.S. Senator, Ron will fight to ensure that Supreme Court nominees fully respect the power of the 2nd Amendment.

grinner;
What you got from the Johnson campaign was not Ron's beliefs it was the talking points from the Wisc. and National GOP puppeteers pulling his strings.
Listen to this interview of Dave Westlake on Sly in the Morning a liberal talk show host in Madison. http://www.archive.org/details/DaveWestlake-Guns

I have personally talked to both Ron and Dave; Ron is clueless. The comment in the vetting session by the Rock River Patriots “I don’t own a baseball cap” in conjunction with the comment that he doesn’t own a gun makes me wonder if he thinks all gun owners are the stereotypical redneck backwoods hillbillies. That will be my next question to Ron if he comes to this side of the state again, other that for small controlled orchestrated meetings that are by invitation only.
Ron is arrogant and impersonal. Check it out for yourself, when he does make a public appearance, he makes his stump speech, written by his handlers, and then usually leaves. If he does take questions they are few and selected. In a one on one, he has turned his back to me and walked away when he didn’t have an answer.
I clicked the link as you suggested; I saw no statement from Ron. As I stated before; it was a statement from one of his minions.
My wife and I have spent the last 12-18 months at countless town hall meeting and Lincoln Day Dinners asking all the prospective candidates questions face to face; there are very few that truly understand the Constitution and specifically the 2nd Amendment like Dave Westlake does.
But don’t take my word for it; check him out yourself. http://www.davewestlake.org/

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Wisconsin Right to Life recently endorsed Ron Johnson, citing that he is the candidate who can best defeat Feingold, rather than stating that he is the candidate that best matches their organizations views - because he clearly doesn’t. Johnson allows exceptions (rape, incest, life of the mother in danger) while Westlake has advocated that he is 100% pro-life with no exceptions. Allowing exceptions calls into question the reason why we don’t allow abortions in the first place. Westlake’s views on abortion are much more on par with conservative values.

So its the governments role to decide if you can abort to save a mothers life? That's Westlake's position???

That's freedom?

I question ANY politician who claims to support freedom for guns when they don't support all freedom.

Freedom is a pretty simple concept. You either get it or you don't. Some people happen upon a freedom-based stance when it conforms to their PERSONAL view and some people stand for a freedom-based stance EVEN when it doesn't conform to their personal view. The latter is a person of principle, the former, a person of prejudice.

I fully support people living their life based upon their personal views. "Freedom" allows you to do so. I don't support people imposing their personal views (even if they match mine) on other people using government as the tool. If a person is willing to compromise freedom on a couple issues, they can't be trusted to protect freedom on any issue especially guns.

Once again, without a libertarian in the race, we are left with 2 candidates who force us to choose which freedoms we are going to embrace.

If we want liberals to embrace the rights we hold dear, we must take an honest look at the rights they hold dear and recognize that just because we believe with all our heart something is "wrong" doesn't mean its the governments job to regulate. Something can be "wrong" but not illegal.

Its morally wrong to lie. Its morally wrong to cheat on your wife. Does anyone here want the government to begin to enforce those morals?

Despite our personal beliefs, if we REALLY want to expand freedom, we must stop focusing legislation on what is good or bad, but rather protecting individual rights and solely on what the governments role in protecting individual rights should be.

M

McX

not much i can add here, except politicians are exactly what the name implies. for me; i am not Bender, though my aviatar indicates so. you can call me; snake..........snake pliskin.

paul@paul-fisher.com

So its the governments role to decide if you can abort to save a mothers life? That's Westlake's position???

Please, let's keep this on topic of guns. There are two sides to the abortion debate and assuming that the unborn child's rights are either non existent or subservient to the mothers is ridiculous.

I personally believe that the mother and the doctor who perform abortions for any reason need to be charged with 1st degree intentional homicide.

As I said. We really don't want to go there on this forum.