Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You are invited to a Picnic on SEP 25th, 1010!

You are invited to a Picnic on SEP 25th, 1010!

RE-POST

You are invited to:

A OPEN CARRY PICNIC IN BARABOO

I reserved the Picnic Area for:

Saturday September 25th 2010

The fun starts @ 12:00 noon - until ???

Burgers, Buns, Condiments & Soda will be supplied
    Please bring a Dish to pass if you feel like it,
    or drop a few $ bucks $ in the food donation jar, if you like.

I only have a few chairs so, Bring your own lawn chairs
    Open Carry is legal at Haskins Park.

NO Alcohol like normal at OC fest

IF IT RAINS, WE STILL CARRY, NO CANCELING
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 07-26-2010 at 05:59 PM.

McX
    bump

I wish I could could attend, but I'm a bit far away.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I am bringing the beanns.

I will also be bringing 2-10x10 EZ-UPS, J.I.C.

The family and I will be there, it is always good to break bread with like minded friends.

Baraboo picnic

I plan on attending. Just found out that Baraboo put out a pamphlet on oc. I havn't seen it yet as my brother lives in Reedsburg and just happened across it. Looking good if the city put it out, but it just maybe one of us. Will see when I see it this weekend. I plan on being in reedsburg and Baraboo this weekend

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
    ...Just found out that Baraboo put out a pamphlet on oc...
    I too would be MOST interedted in seeing the pamphlet.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

I Will Try To Be There

It is a 300 mile round trip for me but like many other open carry events I have attended very few have been close to Kenosha. After reading the Baraboo News article today about it online I think it is very important to attend. So....I will try to make it! Look forward to seeing everyone again!

I will be there!

Thanks for doing this Cowboy, shoot me a message if you would like help with anything.

I've known about this site for sometime, however I'm employed by an ISP and try to remain as anonymous as I can as I know what we can do not to mention the alphabet soup agency's, I will say, expect some local law enforcement to show up as guests there's a few of them who think the way we do.

We have been talking about this for a week, I'll also have roughly 50 copies of Don't tread on me to give away.

As one of my favorite radio show host says, " The answer to 1984 is 1776" and this is one person who is prepared for that day

See Ya there.

Banned
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 08-14-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Thumbs up

Fantastic! People have been asking me about the date. The Baraboo news rag didn't post it. I will forward it to everyone.

It's my moms Birthday that day so I don't know if I can make it, I would really like to as I want to clear up some of my own confusion. I hope to see you folks there if I can swing it.

If I'm there I probably will be light as I'm assured there will be white and blue cars all over.

Is anyone making a Facebook event for this?
    Last edited by jbird22cal; 08-15-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask the question

Quote Originally Posted by jbird22cal View Post
    Fantastic! People have been asking me about the date. The Baraboo news rag didn't post it. I will forward it to everyone.

It's my moms Birthday that day so I don't know if I can make it, I would really like to as I want to clear up some of my own confusion. I hope to see you folks there if I can swing it.

If I'm there I probably will be light as I'm assured there will be white and blue cars all over.

There is NO REASON not to carry. What we do is 100% LEGAL. There won't be any more police that on any other day for any other event. If there is, then an open records request will prove this and the local police force will be sued.

Not carrying because an officer MIGHT stop, means we are intimidated by LEO????? This is AMERICA, we should NEVER be intimidated by our government, rather they (government) should be intimidated by "we the people."

Carry, I will be!

Quote Originally Posted by jbird22cal View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...22550824455844

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Support The 2nd View Post
    If there is, then an open records request will prove this and the local police force will be sued.
    By invitation only? What other reason might there be for a suit?

It's really simple.....

If the police issue a memo stating go there and harass those guys so they know not to come back to our town, then that would be willful intent to intimidate and prevent one from exercising a civil right and I believe, LEO speaking or acting against the free exercise of a civil right, is a violation of federal law.

As I stated, there won't be any problems with LEO.

These OC picnics have been happening all over the state since the AG's memo in April of 2009, do you think you'll make it to your FIRST ONE this time Doug?

Banned
    No. I will exercise my First Amendment (via NAACP v. Alabama) freedom to associate only with those that I find pleasing.

I have attended 'picnics' featuring openly carried arms, just not ones touted by your ilk. I think that tomorrow I may even drink a beer or two while openly armed and with an acquaintance or two. Or not, if it is not pleasing to all.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Hopefully I'll be there.

This is in my own backyard so I'm definitely planning on making it. I read an article on this in the Baraboo News Republic and actually thought it was pretty neutral. The police publically stated that they will not be enforcing Baraboo's carry ban and that they don't expect any problems. Not only that The article also made a point to say that West Baraboo is under the jurisdiction of the Sauk County Sheriff so I'm guessing that Haskins park is in West Baraboo? AFAIK, the Sheriff's dept is a lot less anal about a lot of things than any of the city cops around here. Here's what they stated in the article:

The Sheriff's Department has law enforcement jurisdiction in West Baraboo and in an e-mail message to the BNR, Lt. Terry Spencer stated the department doesn't expect trouble with the open carry picnic.
    "We support their rights to ‘bear arms' as long they carry it in the open and not concealed, and if driving to the event, the weapon is unloaded and fully cased," he stated.
    Here's the article:
    http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsr...cc4c002e0.html

It was kinda funny, I was at my grandpa's house last night and he was considering going after he saw the article in the paper but was worried that he didn't have a proper holster for his revolver. I told him there was no need to even carry if he didn't want to and if he did, I'd loan him a serpa and a 1911 just so he'd feel comfortable with his Korean war sidearm.

BTW; please hit up the poll on the news republic site! http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsrepublic/
    It's on the left side, about 3/4 of the way down.

Can we get this stickied???
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 08-17-2010 at 11:26 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

Flyer

Good evening everyone

Does anyone have a flyer for the pic nic i would like to post it at work already have prior approval from superiors?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    You are invited to:

A

OPEN CARRY PICNIC

IN

BARABOO

I reserved the Picnic Area for:

Saturday September 25th 2010

The fun start’s @ 12:00 noon -> until ???

Burgers, Buns, Condiments & Soda will be supplied
    Please bring a Dish to pass if you feel like it
    or drop a few $ bucks $ in the food donation jar, if you like.

I only have a few chairs so, Bring your own lawn chairs
    Open Carry is legal at Haskins Park.

NO Alcohol like normal at OC fest

IF IT RAIN’S, WE STILL CARRY, NO CANCELING

Yeah Haskins park is in West Baraboo so it is in the jurisdiction of the Sheriffs Dept. Why are people so concerned if law enforcement attend? I think they would be open carrying too.

They are not the enemy of open carriers, they are mostly our allies believe it or not. People see someone open carrying and think sure it might be legal, but its asking for problems with police. If they see police and open carriers together it really makes people understand that there is not a problem and that there is no difference.

It might be a different story with the police in other areas, and yes the Baraboo Police are much different and have even operated outside of the law in the past. But the Sauk County Sheriffs Department is very supportive of our right to keep AND bear arms. I know this first hand from carrying here, and long before the AG put out memos to stop harassing people.

Quote Originally Posted by minuteman View Post
    Sauk County Sheriffs Department is very supportive of our right to keep AND bear arms. I know this first hand from carrying here, and long before the AG put out memos to stop harassing people.
    +1000

LEO is always welcome at these picnics. I'll be there, and I carry just like always.

Carry On!

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    +1000

LEO is always welcome at these picnics.
    +1000

I am inviting any LEO, on or off duty, that want to show up on 8/29 at Starbucks in Delavan. I am 99% sure the Mayor of Delavan is showing up. I have invited anybody running for office, even Barrett!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman View Post
    They are not the enemy of open carriers, they are mostly our allies believe it or not.
    It depends on the jurisdiction and even down to the individual officer. Some cops I talk to are OK with it and some are scared sh!tless when thinking about an armed society.

I hear guys all the time saying how they would welcome the opportunity to help out a cop shoot it out with a bad guy. The last thing most officers want is an untrained civilian running around shooting up the place. If you fantasize about helping out a cop at least get some training and do some competitive shooting for christsake. Most altercations are over in less than 20 seconds so you really won't have time to react if you are a paper target shooter. I've seen those guys take 20 seconds just to line up on a seven yard target.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast