• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You are invited to a Picnic on SEP 25th, 1010!

LOERetired

RE-POST

You are invited to:

A OPEN CARRY PICNIC IN BARABOO

I reserved the Picnic Area for:

Saturday September 25th 2010

The fun starts @ 12:00 noon - until ???

Burgers, Buns, Condiments & Soda will be supplied
Please bring a Dish to pass if you feel like it,
or drop a few $ bucks $ in the food donation jar, if you like.

I only have a few chairs so, Bring your own lawn chairs
Open Carry is legal at Haskins Park.

NO Alcohol like normal at OC fest

IF IT RAINS, WE STILL CARRY, NO CANCELING

Last edited:

iceman71

Baraboo picnic

I plan on attending. Just found out that Baraboo put out a pamphlet on oc. I havn't seen it yet as my brother lives in Reedsburg and just happened across it. Looking good if the city put it out, but it just maybe one of us. Will see when I see it this weekend. I plan on being in reedsburg and Baraboo this weekend

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Will Try To Be There

It is a 300 mile round trip for me but like many other open carry events I have attended very few have been close to Kenosha. After reading the Baraboo News article today about it online I think it is very important to attend. So....I will try to make it! Look forward to seeing everyone again!

metasploiter

I've known about this site for sometime, however I'm employed by an ISP and try to remain as anonymous as I can as I know what we can do not to mention the alphabet soup agency's, I will say, expect some local law enforcement to show up as guests there's a few of them who think the way we do.

We have been talking about this for a week, I'll also have roughly 50 copies of Don't tread on me to give away.

As one of my favorite radio show host says, " The answer to 1984 is 1776" and this is one person who is prepared for that day :D

See Ya there.

jbird22cal

Fantastic! People have been asking me about the date. The Baraboo news rag didn't post it. I will forward it to everyone.

It's my moms Birthday that day so I don't know if I can make it, I would really like to as I want to clear up some of my own confusion. I hope to see you folks there if I can swing it.

If I'm there I probably will be light as I'm assured there will be white and blue cars all over.

Is anyone making a Facebook event for this?

Last edited:

Support The 2nd

:dude:
Fantastic! People have been asking me about the date. The Baraboo news rag didn't post it. I will forward it to everyone.

It's my moms Birthday that day so I don't know if I can make it, I would really like to as I want to clear up some of my own confusion. I hope to see you folks there if I can swing it.

If I'm there I probably will be light as I'm assured there will be white and blue cars all over.

Is anyone making a Facebook event for this?

There is NO REASON not to carry. What we do is 100% LEGAL. There won't be any more police that on any other day for any other event. If there is, then an open records request will prove this and the local police force will be sued.

Not carrying because an officer MIGHT stop, means we are intimidated by LEO????? This is AMERICA, we should NEVER be intimidated by our government, rather they (government) should be intimidated by "we the people."

Carry, I will be!

Support The 2nd

It's really simple.....

If the police issue a memo stating go there and harass those guys so they know not to come back to our town, then that would be willful intent to intimidate and prevent one from exercising a civil right and I believe, LEO speaking or acting against the free exercise of a civil right, is a violation of federal law.

As I stated, there won't be any problems with LEO.

These OC picnics have been happening all over the state since the AG's memo in April of 2009, do you think you'll make it to your FIRST ONE this time Doug?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
No. I will exercise my First Amendment (via NAACP v. Alabama) freedom to associate only with those that I find pleasing.

I have attended 'picnics' featuring openly carried arms, just not ones touted by your ilk. I think that tomorrow I may even drink a beer or two while openly armed and with an acquaintance or two. Or not, if it is not pleasing to all.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Hopefully I'll be there.

This is in my own backyard so I'm definitely planning on making it. I read an article on this in the Baraboo News Republic and actually thought it was pretty neutral. The police publically stated that they will not be enforcing Baraboo's carry ban and that they don't expect any problems. Not only that The article also made a point to say that West Baraboo is under the jurisdiction of the Sauk County Sheriff so I'm guessing that Haskins park is in West Baraboo? AFAIK, the Sheriff's dept is a lot less anal about a lot of things than any of the city cops around here. Here's what they stated in the article:

The Sheriff's Department has law enforcement jurisdiction in West Baraboo and in an e-mail message to the BNR, Lt. Terry Spencer stated the department doesn't expect trouble with the open carry picnic.
"We support their rights to ‘bear arms' as long they carry it in the open and not concealed, and if driving to the event, the weapon is unloaded and fully cased," he stated.
Here's the article:
http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonews...cle_ceb53c5e-a681-11df-bf8a-001cc4c002e0.html

It was kinda funny, I was at my grandpa's house last night and he was considering going after he saw the article in the paper but was worried that he didn't have a proper holster for his revolver. I told him there was no need to even carry if he didn't want to and if he did, I'd loan him a serpa and a 1911 just so he'd feel comfortable with his Korean war sidearm. :D

BTW; please hit up the poll on the news republic site! http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsrepublic/
It's on the left side, about 3/4 of the way down.

Can we get this stickied???

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

Flyer

Good evening everyone

Does anyone have a flyer for the pic nic i would like to post it at work already have prior approval from superiors?

Thanks in advance