Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a couple people with cameras and audio recorders.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Exclamation Need a couple people with cameras and a couple audio recorders.

This could be big stuff, If you're in the metro area and can help out tomorrow 8am-noon PM me and I'll fill you in.

This is a sensitive situation and NOTHING will be posted publicly.

If you are in the area or can come here with a camera and/or audio recorders please PM me NOW.

In the interest of time, please do NOT PM me just to find out whats going on....I need bodies with cameras and video recorders.
    Last edited by dougwg; 07-26-2010 at 08:20 PM.

come on... I need more...

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    This could be big stuff, If you're in the metro area and can help out tomorrow 8am-noon PM me and I'll fill you in.

If you are in the area or can come here with a camera and/or audio recorders please PM me NOW.

In the interest of time, please do NOT PM me just to find out whats going on....I need bodies with cameras and video recorders.
    Well I'll be there Sir!

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA
    As I mentioned on the phone I will try, I'll call you tomorrow. I mentioned it to my wife and she wants to go too.

Understood. But when you feel it's not necessary to keep this under the radar, please let us know.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Please don't forget to fill us in at your earliest convenince. I'd like to help but am currently not in any way financialy able to

As soon as I'm able I will.

Who else is in?

Sent a text, reply when you can. I'll be away from the computer the rest of the evening.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ISMOID View Post
    As I mentioned on the phone I will try, I'll call you tomorrow. I mentioned it to my wife and she wants to go too.

They may be tapping your phones, monitoring email, and even attaching gps or tailing vehicles. Be careful!

So.. you expect us to leap blindly and record something we have no info on?
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Banned
    Id love to help out, but Im in no position to do anything right now. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post
    So.. you expect us to leap blindly and record something we have no info on?
    No if you can help ..possibly, then send a PM with your number & the situation will be explained. It has "legal" facets so no need to broadcast to the web just yet & let the offending party get freebie info.

Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    They may be tapping your phones, monitoring email, and even attaching gps or tailing vehicles. Be careful!
    Would you be surprised with all of the issues that you have had to deal with in Tennessee? If there was ever was anyone on OCDO who could claim that the police were monitoring every step they made, that person would be you.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 07-26-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Would you be surprised with all of the issues that you have had to deal with in Tennessee? If there was ever was anyone on OCDO who could claim that the police were monitoring every step they made, that person would be you.
    I was serious.

I know for a fact the ATF has monitored my posting here on OCDO. If people think the gov doesn't have the ability to easily track movements, emails, or phone calls they're crazy.

Last edited by kwikrnu; 07-26-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Banned
    Big brother is watching. An officer once asked me about a pic of my kid holding my (unloaded) gun.

I was serious.

I know for a fact the ATF has monitored my posting here on OCDO. If people think the gov doesn't have the ability to easily track movements, emails, or phone calls they're crazy.
    Similarly, Galahad from SKS boards was told by an AFT agent that they go to the sight to get information, since gun enthusiasts have always been the best researchers and developers.

But the real question is who cares? Uniformed federal agents have showed up to MOC meetings, some are members here. Others who were humorously obviously under cover government agents have shown up too. The more the merrier!

We are such a law abiding group of people that it's actually come to a point where we often literally enforce laws that the cops should be upholding. We operate under the governments play book often better than they do. If they want to learn something by following along, GOOD!
    Last edited by Michigander; 07-26-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Banned
    Im glad they are around.

Damn, sounds right up my ally Doug. I wish I could help ya out, but can't.
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way?" - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Sent a text, reply when you can. I'll be away from the computer the rest of the evening.
    Just saw this was busy, a guy dropped off a voice recorder.

I called and left a very short message Scott.
    If all else fails and we don't talk tonight, call me in the morning after 8am.

I can help but not until about 9:30 am Tue morning. If not too late let me know. Best Regards,
    Stanr2

Quote Originally Posted by stanr2 View Post
    I can help but not until about 9:30 am Tue morning. If not too late let me know. Best Regards,
    Stanr2
    most likely this will take place around 11:30 but we will need some time before and after.

If you can make it, PM me your PH number and I'll call you in the am.

My father worked for the Bell system his whole life, and was an "Installation/Removal Foreman" for an entire region in the 1980s and '90s before he retired. When I was in junior high (late 1970s), I would sometimes go with him to work in the summer when I was off school, and he would put me to work cleaning relays and other silly "busy work" things. I was a geeky kid, and thought it was cool...

Anyway, I remember one time, when I was snooping around the relay racks, I found this one rack WAY in the back, where the main trunks came into the building, and it was full of black boxes that did NOT have any Bell System or AT&T or GE or any other telecom markings on them. The trunks came through the wall, into this rack, and then out of the rack into the rest of the office. There were no controls, and only a few lights. And it had a phone receiver on an "operator hook" hanging on it.

When I asked him what it was, he said "that is Government Equipment", got a little nervous, and that was the last he ever said about it. I could tell-even at my tender age--that this wasn't something I should be asking about...

I have since found out that it was NSA gear. Yeah, they've been listening for decades kids...

Now they have the capability with digital telephony and super-high-speed computing, to search telephone conversations for keywords, REALTIME. The computational power that NSA has dedicated to domestic telephony in the USA has enough data-crunching power to search through the entire contents (paper AND digital) of the Library of Congress, word for word, in about 6 hours...

If you think they aren't listening to EVERY phone conversation you make, you're an idiot. The technology has been in place to do that for about 10 years. And they've had SOME sort of capability in EVERY phone company Central Office and Switching Center since the late 1960s...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-27-2010 at 02:26 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    most likely this will take place around 11:30 but we will need some time before and after.

If you can make it, PM me your PH number and I'll call you in the am.

Well any updates???
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Well any updates???
    From what I saw this is going to take some time. We SHOULD NOT post any info here, however Sprinkler Guy should be happy to fill you in Venator "privately" if there is such a thing anymore. He schooled some folks on the law today.

Crap! What did I miss?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast