Thread: Shipping BB gun from out of state

Shipping BB gun from out of state

Ok I know regular firearms can go through FFL and such but what are BB guns considered? My dad still has mine from way back and he wants to send them from Iowa. He just came out and if I would have known I would have bought him a case and just have him bring them with him.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber_Olafsun View Post
    Ok I know regular firearms can go through FFL and such but what are BB guns considered? My dad still has mine from way back and he wants to send them from Iowa. He just came out and if I would have known I would have bought him a case and just have him bring them with him.
    It is an Airgun, not a firearm. He should be able to ship it however he wants directly to you.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    You can just ship it. It isn't a firearm.

BTW

Last edited by peter nap; 07-26-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    You can just ship it. It isn't a firearm.

BTW

unrelated video here
    I don't get it.

If it is a BB handgun and you ship it via USPS I would recommend a double wrap with a sign on the inner wrap that says BB gun.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    I don't get it.

You have no imagination Ed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2490594_1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	3391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redryder2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	3392

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    If it is a BB handgun and you ship it via USPS I would recommend a double wrap with a sign on the inner wrap that says BB gun.

Just don't try to ship it internationally, or Customs might seize it as "readily convertible to a fully-automatic weapon"...

http://www.jpfo.org/articles-assd02/...bbguns-pt4.htm
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    I don't get it.
    You'll shoot your eye out.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure. He is sending me all my old ones and evidently he has his from when he was a kid still. My brother has been in so much trouble out there with a law I don't think they would let him have a foam bat so I get them all by default. I think he still has my pellet/dart pistol. Maybe find a holster and really confuse people with that.

A BB gun or pellet gun is a TOY in Virginia.

In the People's Republic of Massholia, its a GUN!!!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    A BB gun or pellet gun is a TOY in Virginia.

In the People's Republic of Massholia, its a GUN!!!
    I'm trying to find the citation on it, but I think that might have changed. Last I checked, you didn't need an FID card to purchase an air rifle in Mass any longer. (From reading the codes however, it did appear that my FULL AUTO BB GUN would indeed be considered a machine gun).

There are several states with such stupid controls on air guns. New Jersey is another.

Sorry if my info about MA is old. That was an accurate statement when I was stationed there 1993-1998.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)