• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shipping BB gun from out of state

Uber_Olafsun

Ok I know regular firearms can go through FFL and such but what are BB guns considered? My dad still has mine from way back and he wants to send them from Iowa. He just came out and if I would have known I would have bought him a case and just have him bring them with him.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Ok I know regular firearms can go through FFL and such but what are BB guns considered? My dad still has mine from way back and he wants to send them from Iowa. He just came out and if I would have known I would have bought him a case and just have him bring them with him.
It is an Airgun, not a firearm. He should be able to ship it however he wants directly to you.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You can just ship it. It isn't a firearm.

BTW

[video=vimeo;13662381]http://vimeo.com/13662381[/video]

Last edited:

Uber_Olafsun

That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure. He is sending me all my old ones and evidently he has his from when he was a kid still. My brother has been in so much trouble out there with a law I don't think they would let him have a foam bat so I get them all by default. I think he still has my pellet/dart pistol. Maybe find a holster and really confuse people with that.

zoom6zoom

A BB gun or pellet gun is a TOY in Virginia.

In the People's Republic of Massholia, its a GUN!!!
I'm trying to find the citation on it, but I think that might have changed. Last I checked, you didn't need an FID card to purchase an air rifle in Mass any longer. (From reading the codes however, it did appear that my FULL AUTO BB GUN would indeed be considered a machine gun).

There are several states with such stupid controls on air guns. New Jersey is another.