• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry Meeting in south central, West Plains, Houston area

patriotthad

I am considering having another open carry meeting in the South central part of the state. I hosted one last year and had a good attendance at The Red Apple Grill in West Plains. 40+ people attended that one. I am thinking mid August at one of the local restaurants. What do you think? This will be more of a meet and greet instead of a formal meeting.

goalseter88

i prob show up if you did it in the weekend that big piney sportsmanclub range does their IDPA match, and is after the match. i live in spfd. but i wouldnt mind driving out there to do that IDPA match at big piney sportsman club and then hiting up the meet and greet afterwards. but if i cant do the IDPA match also. most likely i wouldnt go due to the hour and half drive each way unless i knew some ppl from spfd going as well.

P.S. yes i know the big piney sportsman club IDPA match. isnt actually exactly IDPA. but its kinda similar/based off of IDPA.

Last edited:

Freedom 1st

Sounds great. I am from the Rolla area and would be very much interested, depending on time and date.

I have friends and family that I am also sure would be interested.
Any suggestions on dates and times? It would be my suggestion to give plenty of notice (2 to 3 wks) and try to get as many people as possible to attend.

patriotthad

Summersville would be great. I just thought that it might be out of the way for some. If ya'll think it would be ok I have a great place we could meet for some fellowship and grub.