• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IDPA match at bear creek tatical

goalseter88

if anyone is interested in going to an IDPA match. there one on august 7.
here a link to the website that is sponsoring it.
http://www.bearcreektactical.com/calendar/view_entry.php?id=53&date=20100807&friendly=1

and there is a $15 dollar entry fee. and they recomend bringing 100 rounds. i didnt use all mine last time but you want to have some extra for missed targets that you gotta reshoot.

and you do not have to be an actual IDPA member to participate.

Actual address:
14422 S. 2075 Road
Stockton, Mo. 65785

GPS coordinates:
N 37 degrees 41.262 minutes
W 093 degrees 41.605 minutes

if anyone interested, has any questions about IDPA , wants to carpool. or follow me up there, can PM me. while i not an expert with IDPA. i only gone once, but i do know the basics.

Last edited:

heresyourdipstickjimmy

You go just one time and look what happens. You're hooked!

Let's give them a little more info to go on.

IDPA rule book: http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

- Equipment Needs -
Ammo: any factory ammo should suffice, bring at least 100 rounds for the pistol portion.
Holster: see the IDPA rulebook for qualifications, PM me if you have questions...yes, the Blackhawk Serpa is legal as are most Bladetech holsters.
Cover garment: a t-shirt will not suffice at BCT, a button up shirt or concealment vest are suggested, will need to cover the entire pistol and holster (no mesh), button up shirt may be worn open with a t-shirt or UnderArmour type shirt under it.
Shoes: no open toed shoes allowed, tennis shoes are acceptable
Shorts/trousers: BCT does allow shorts (it is going to be hot after all)
Eye/Ear: both eye and hearing protection are mandatory, even for spectators
Mags: I strongly suggest no less than 3 magazines that can carry 10 rounds or more (10 rounds is IDPA max), 1911 folks may want more mags

Fees: usually $15 for the pistol (more if it's an extended match), usually $5 for the side match (could be more depending on the nature of the match)
Side match: I've been told to bring at least a combat rifle and extra ammo. They don't tell us in advance if the side match will be a pistol, combat rifle, shotgun, 2-gun, or 3-gun. Find out day of on-site.

Membership: none required - open to the public day of the match

Last edited:

goalseter88

well i went to the IDPA match, and like always it was a blast. a bit longer then last time due to the fact that they were missing a range oficer today so they had to have only 3 groups instead of the normal 4 groups.but that was okay. i got to sign up to hopefully get to take the range oficer course. i wouldnt mind getin to take that course for free. and start learing to lead some IDPA courses

what i like most is that its different everytime. i went there knowing it wouldnt be the same. but it wasnt even close to the same. yah your applying the same principles of accuracy, speed, using cover, skills on reloading etc. but the scenerios and how you gotta go about it are different every time. i find it much funer then shooting a target at a range.

here a link to some pics i got my gf to take of me and another guy. unfortunatly the range oficer and the guy with the timer were always so close to me and it being a close quarters area and my gf having to stand pretty far away from the line of fire. that its kinda hard to get decent photos. i hoping i soon buy a video recorder, i think that will be much beter then still photos.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-...otos#!/album.php?aid=14995&id=133598193348572

Last edited: