Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New-ness! G19 Gen 4

Cool The New-ness! G19 Gen 4

So's today I went down to The Armory in VA BEACH. Picked up a LEO/MIL G19Gen4 with my GSSF discount. OTD was $445 bucks. That includes three mags.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0196.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	3399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0194.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	3400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	3401
    RESPECT THE AWESOMENESS.

Notice the G19Gen4 has the new dual spring guide rod to reduce felt recoil. It was dark when I got home so I'll fire it tomorrow.

I'm using an el-cheapo iTAC retention paddle holster for now. I have a Safariland 6377 ALS retention belt loop holster on order.
    Also waiting for delivery of my carry ammo
    (Buffalo Bore 147gr +p+ ) (What did you expect, I'm downgrading from 45ACP, of course I found the absolute hottest ammo out there.)
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 07-26-2010 at 11:29 PM.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Got to love a Glock! Congrats!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Nice and congrats. Lemme know how the 147gr +p+ works out for ya
    Last edited by t33j; 07-26-2010 at 11:52 PM.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I'm glad they got rid of the curved cocking serrations from the RTF and RTF2 Glocks. I don't care or have a need for adjustable backstraps though. But I guess that's what all the Glock wannabes are doing so they felt a need to as well.

Congrats on your purchase. I wonder when they'll get to making the Gen 4 Glock 30. When they do you can then get a Gen 4 Glock in the correct caliber.

Why the downgrade?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    I just bought a gen4 G19 too.. for the girls.. lol.. I get it at the end of the week

New grip is why I finally bought a glock

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I'm glad they got rid of the curved cocking serrations from the RTF and RTF2 Glocks. I don't care or have a need for adjustable backstraps though. But I guess that's what all the Glock wannabes are doing so they felt a need to as well.

Congrats on your purchase. I wonder when they'll get to making the Gen 4 Glock 30. When they do you can then get a Gen 4 Glock in the correct caliber.

Why the downgrade?
    I have small hands. The Gen4 is the first Glock to fit my grip. I've read many comments saying the same. The old Glock grips were simply too big for many people.

I'm downgrading because I shoot IDPA and have started shooting some USPSA steel matches. 45ACP was cost prohibitive. I couldn't afford to buy the Glock without selling the 1911.

btw they do have the G22 Gen4's out.
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 07-27-2010 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    So's today I went down to The Armory in VA BEACH. Picked up a LEO/MIL G19Gen4 with my GSSF discount. OTD was $445 bucks. That includes three mags.
    <images removed>
    RESPECT THE AWESOMENESS.

Notice the G19Gen4 has the new dual spring guide rod to reduce felt recoil. It was dark when I got home so I'll fire it tomorrow.

I'm using an el-cheapo iTAC retention paddle holster for now. I have a Safariland 6377 ALS retention belt loop holster on order.
    Also waiting for delivery of my carry ammo
    (Buffalo Bore 147gr +p+ ) (What did you expect, I'm downgrading from 45ACP, of course I found the absolute hottest ammo out there.)
    Ah, that looks like the type of spring that was in the model 39 several years ago. I suppose it's been common in their larger calibers for a while, eh?

Where are your 33 round magazines?

<images and smileys removed from quote so I'd have room for my stupid smiley )

Quote Originally Posted by virginiatuck View Post
    Ah, that looks like the type of spring that was in the model 39 several years ago. I suppose it's been common in their larger calibers for a while, eh?

Where are your 33 round magazines?

<images and smileys removed from quote so I'd have room for my stupid smiley )
    The dual spring system had already been in use in the subcompact models (G26, G27, G33, G39)

Congrats! I love my Gen 3 Glock 19. Its a great shooter, and can easily transition from OC to CC. I'm sure that the Gen 4 is even better
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Time to start working on the wife. I have been waiting for the G19 Gen4's for the same reason as SimmonsJoe.

Update

Put 100 rounds down range. 50 blazer aluminum 115g and 50 RWS 124g.
    Gun ran 100%. All the shells were within a 3' diameter circle. I guess that is what you call consistent performance. Didn't really test accuracy as I was using IDPA target, and was trying out grips. Not sure whether I like my support hand's index finger on the trigger guard or not. I definitely like a thumbs forward grip because I can rest my shooting thumb on my support hand and it is very similar to riding the safety on my old 1911 (which was my preferred method). This buries the gun in my hand for a very low bore axis. That coupled with this being my first 9mm handgun, and you can imagine my surprise at how soft shooting this gun is.

I'm downgrading because I shoot IDPA and have started shooting some USPSA steel matches. 45ACP was cost prohibitive. I couldn't afford to buy the Glock without selling the 1911.
    Joe, did you by any chance see my posting in regards too USPSA?
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ng-Association
    I would like to get together sometime and talk, and perhaps tag along at your next meet. Let me know.

Check your PMs...

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    Joe, did you by any chance see my posting in regards too USPSA?
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ng-Association
    I would like to get together sometime and talk, and perhaps tag along at your next meet. Let me know.
    ... and your linked thread.

Just got back from IDPA shoot

Shoots good. I'm still getting used to the gun. I don't mind the 'spongy' trigger as much as the harsh and heavy sear release. I'm gonna polish that up.

Real shocker though was my P238 in 380acp. I ran through a second time with this BUG. It shot incredibly accurate at ranges of 15yards. These distances were much further than I've ever shot it. So its a little heavier than the kel-tec. I've owned one and shot a BUG match with it and there is no way in hell it can compete with the Sig. Everyone at the range was really impressed with the P238's performance.

(Super fun was the Stoeger Coach gun used as part of a stage.)
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 07-28-2010 at 08:37 PM.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Comments on the practicality of the 9mm "magnum"?
    Last edited by t33j; 07-28-2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I'm considering trying this on my Glock 30... but don't have any polishing compound at the moment.

25 Cent Trigger Job

Not sure I catch your drift.

Quote Originally Posted by t33j View Post
    Comments on the practicality of the 9mm "magnum"?
    are you asking if anyone commented on me using a europellet? No. Most of these guys run 9mm reloads, a few that wouldn't make power at a proper match. They were complaining how loud my factory ammo was. (WWB 115gr. & blazer aluminum 115gr)

But since I downgraded from 45acp, my carry ammo is Buffalo Bore 147gr +p+. It's hotter than any 'police' load.

Hell my 95gr. American eagle .380 out of a 2.75" barrel knocked down steel plates shooting low on the steel, some guys had to strike high on the steel to get them to fall w/ their reloads and 5" barrels.
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

are you asking if anyone commented on me using a europellet? No. Most of these guys run 9mm reloads, a few that wouldn't make power at a proper match. They were complaining how loud my factory ammo was. (WWB 115gr. & blazer aluminum 115gr)

But since I downgraded from 45acp, my carry ammo is Buffalo Bore 147gr +p+. It's hotter than any 'police' load.

Hell my 95gr. American eagle .380 out of a 2.75" barrel knocked down steel plates shooting low on the steel, some guys had to strike high on the steel to get them to fall w/ their reloads and 5" barrels.
    Not quote. I carry europellets most often so I have little to say about that. I was wondering if you actually fired the 147 +p+. I have a box of 50 115gr +p+ Gold Dots which I've only fired 4 rounds out of. Actually, you can have it for $20 if you want it.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Not yet.

I should clarify. I've chosen and ordered the 147gr. +p+ BB. It should arrive by Friday. Why are you getting rid of the Gold Dot 115 +p+? The Gold Dot bullet is probably the best SD bullet out right now. That is what Buffalo Bore loads in their rounds. Are you switching to the 147gr?
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 07-28-2010 at 11:49 PM.

I can shoot 124gr +p twice as fast as 115 +p+ with the same accuracy. I'm switching to .45, at least part time .
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Gen 4s not even legal in the Republik of Kalifornia. @#$%^&!

Not my problem

You chose to live there.

Just shot another IDPA event.

It was Awesome. Falling in love with the G19. Ran faster than ever before.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Brooke got to shoot her new Gen4 G19 today...

Congrats on teh new purchase!

Im also in the market for a new pistol and I think Im going to get a gen-4 G19 as well.

I have a gen-3 Glock 23, but I want something in 9mm and the feel of the new grips on the gen-4's are outstanding.

Also, you got yours for a damn good price! $445 cannot be beat.

Do all Glocks now come with three mags? I remember mine coming with only two.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast