• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The New-ness! G19 Gen 4

simmonsjoe

So's today I went down to The Armory in VA BEACH. Picked up a LEO/MIL G19Gen4 with my GSSF discount. OTD was $445 bucks. :shocker: That includes three mags.
IMG_0196.jpgIMG_0194.jpgIMG_0195.jpg
RESPECT THE AWESOMENESS.:p

Notice the G19Gen4 has the new dual spring guide rod to reduce felt recoil. It was dark when I got home so I'll fire it tomorrow.

I'm using an el-cheapo iTAC retention paddle holster for now. I have a Safariland 6377 ALS retention belt loop holster on order.:cool:
Also waiting for delivery of my carry ammo
(Buffalo Bore 147gr +p+ ):lol: (What did you expect, I'm downgrading from 45ACP, of course I found the absolute hottest ammo out there.)

Last edited:

curtiswr

I'm glad they got rid of the curved cocking serrations from the RTF and RTF2 Glocks. I don't care or have a need for adjustable backstraps though. But I guess that's what all the Glock wannabes are doing so they felt a need to as well.

Congrats on your purchase. I wonder when they'll get to making the Gen 4 Glock 30. When they do you can then get a Gen 4 Glock in the correct caliber. :p

Why the downgrade?

simmonsjoe

New grip is why I finally bought a glock

I'm glad they got rid of the curved cocking serrations from the RTF and RTF2 Glocks. I don't care or have a need for adjustable backstraps though. But I guess that's what all the Glock wannabes are doing so they felt a need to as well.

Congrats on your purchase. I wonder when they'll get to making the Gen 4 Glock 30. When they do you can then get a Gen 4 Glock in the correct caliber. :p

Why the downgrade?
I have small hands. The Gen4 is the first Glock to fit my grip. I've read many comments saying the same. The old Glock grips were simply too big for many people.

I'm downgrading because I shoot IDPA and have started shooting some USPSA steel matches. 45ACP was cost prohibitive. I couldn't afford to buy the Glock without selling the 1911:(.

btw they do have the G22 Gen4's out.

Last edited:

virginiatuck

So's today I went down to The Armory in VA BEACH. Picked up a LEO/MIL G19Gen4 with my GSSF discount. OTD was $445 bucks. That includes three mags.
<images removed>
RESPECT THE AWESOMENESS.

Notice the G19Gen4 has the new dual spring guide rod to reduce felt recoil. It was dark when I got home so I'll fire it tomorrow.

I'm using an el-cheapo iTAC retention paddle holster for now. I have a Safariland 6377 ALS retention belt loop holster on order.
Also waiting for delivery of my carry ammo
(Buffalo Bore 147gr +p+ ) (What did you expect, I'm downgrading from 45ACP, of course I found the absolute hottest ammo out there.)

Ah, that looks like the type of spring that was in the model 39 several years ago. I suppose it's been common in their larger calibers for a while, eh?

Where are your 33 round magazines? :D

<images and smileys removed from quote so I'd have room for my stupid smiley :mad:)

nova

Ah, that looks like the type of spring that was in the model 39 several years ago. I suppose it's been common in their larger calibers for a while, eh?

Where are your 33 round magazines? :D

<images and smileys removed from quote so I'd have room for my stupid smiley :mad:)

The dual spring system had already been in use in the subcompact models (G26, G27, G33, G39)

simmonsjoe

Update

Put 100 rounds down range. 50 blazer aluminum 115g and 50 RWS 124g.
Gun ran 100%. All the shells were within a 3' diameter circle:eek:. I guess that is what you call consistent performance. Didn't really test accuracy as I was using IDPA target, and was trying out grips. Not sure whether I like my support hand's index finger on the trigger guard or not. I definitely like a thumbs forward grip because I can rest my shooting thumb on my support hand and it is very similar to riding the safety on my old 1911 (which was my preferred method). This buries the gun in my hand for a very low bore axis. That coupled with this being my first 9mm handgun, and you can imagine my surprise at how soft shooting this gun is.

Infidel

simmonsjoe

Just got back from IDPA shoot

Shoots good. I'm still getting used to the gun. I don't mind the 'spongy' trigger as much as the harsh and heavy sear release. I'm gonna polish that up.

Real shocker though was my P238 in 380acp. I ran through a second time with this BUG. It shot incredibly accurate at ranges of 15yards. These distances were much further than I've ever shot it. So its a little heavier than the kel-tec. I've owned one and shot a BUG match with it and there is no way in hell it can compete with the Sig. Everyone at the range was really impressed with the P238's performance.

(Super fun was the Stoeger Coach gun used as part of a stage.):lol:

Last edited:

simmonsjoe

Not sure I catch your drift.

Comments on the practicality of the 9mm "magnum"?
are you asking if anyone commented on me using a europellet? No. Most of these guys run 9mm reloads, a few that wouldn't make power at a proper match. They were complaining how loud my factory ammo was.:uhoh: (WWB 115gr. & blazer aluminum 115gr)

But since I downgraded from 45acp, my carry ammo is Buffalo Bore 147gr +p+. It's hotter than any 'police' load.

Hell my 95gr. American eagle .380 out of a 2.75" barrel knocked down steel plates shooting low on the steel, some guys had to strike high on the steel to get them to fall w/ their reloads and 5" barrels.

t33j

are you asking if anyone commented on me using a europellet? No. Most of these guys run 9mm reloads, a few that wouldn't make power at a proper match. They were complaining how loud my factory ammo was.:uhoh: (WWB 115gr. & blazer aluminum 115gr)

But since I downgraded from 45acp, my carry ammo is Buffalo Bore 147gr +p+. It's hotter than any 'police' load.

Hell my 95gr. American eagle .380 out of a 2.75" barrel knocked down steel plates shooting low on the steel, some guys had to strike high on the steel to get them to fall w/ their reloads and 5" barrels.
Not quote. I carry europellets most often so I have little to say about that. I was wondering if you actually fired the 147 +p+. I have a box of 50 115gr +p+ Gold Dots which I've only fired 4 rounds out of. Actually, you can have it for $20 if you want it.

simmonsjoe

Not yet.

I should clarify. I've chosen and ordered the 147gr. +p+ BB. It should arrive by Friday. Why are you getting rid of the Gold Dot 115 +p+? The Gold Dot bullet is probably the best SD bullet out right now. That is what Buffalo Bore loads in their rounds. Are you switching to the 147gr?

Last edited:

t33j

I can shoot 124gr +p twice as fast as 115 +p+ with the same accuracy. I'm switching to .45, at least part time :).