• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The New-ness! G19 Gen 4

Sig229

Congrats on teh new purchase!

Im also in the market for a new pistol and I think Im going to get a gen-4 G19 as well.

I have a gen-3 Glock 23, but I want something in 9mm and the feel of the new grips on the gen-4's are outstanding.

Also, you got yours for a damn good price! $445 cannot be beat.

Do all Glocks now come with three mags? I remember mine coming with only two.

simmonsjoe

$449 Out The Door!

Congrats on teh new purchase!

Im also in the market for a new pistol and I think Im going to get a gen-4 G19 as well.

I have a gen-3 Glock 23, but I want something in 9mm and the feel of the new grips on the gen-4's are outstanding.

Also, you got yours for a damn good price! $445 cannot be beat.

Do all Glocks now come with three mags? I remember mine coming with only two.
It's LEO pricing. Anyone can get it with a GSSF(Glock Shooting Sports Foundation) membership. (new member price is $35. Still saves you overall)

BTW local GSSF participating member is The Armory.

simmonsjoe

Update-

Shot IDPA in Sandston today. It was fun. I am having some trouble getting used to the Glock.

It was nicer today though. I dropped in a 3.5# Ghost Ultimate connector, reduced power safety plunger spring, and a 6lb trigger spring. Next I'm gonna shorten the take-up and black out the rear site. (hate that ******* sight)

simmonsjoe

Glock 19

Why it seems everyone prefers the 19 to 17 in gen 4?
The grip angle doesn't feel quite as severe due to the different hump, so it fits more people's hand better.

The size of the gun is great for all-day Open carry. G17 is noticeably larger on your hip, even though the weight is similar. It is much easier to conceal, giving you options.

And most of all, with a loaded mag, G19 has one of the most perfect weight balances of any gun. It just sits perfect and aims where you point.

G17 most people feel is front/top heavy, and naturally points at the sky.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

PS My G19 is also my carry gun (OC) so it is not a range/target gun. I was planning on getting the G17 till I held both of them.

PS- The G19 is not a compact gun, no matter what Glock marketing says. It is a standard sized gun.
The G17 is large sized.

Last edited: